As most of you already know – Aadhar Card has turned out to be the single most important document for an Indian resident. It has a plethora of benefits and is known to have eased a lot of Government processes as well. It is regulated by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), an agency by Central Government of India. If you are someone who has already enrolled for Aadhar but don’t know your Aadhar Card Number or simply want to know what an Aadhar Number is and how to find it… Here is the complete process.
How to find Aadhar Card Number?
To find your Aadhar Card Number or UID, there are 2 simple ways to do it:
- Finding missing UID via Resident UIDAI Portal
- Downloading ecopy or eAadhar Card online with EID
Do Note: For the Online method, you will need a registered mobile number. So if you do not have a registered mobile number, please check this simple guide on How to Add a Mobile Number to Aadhar?
- Visiting the nearest enrolment centre
Get Aadhar Card Number Online:
Find your Aadhar Card Number or UID via Resident Portal:
- Visit https://resident.uidai.net.in/find-uid-eid.
- Choose appropriate option i.e. to Receive your lost Aadhar Number (UID) from the 2 options. (refer image below)
- The other is to find your Enrolment ID or EID.
- Enter your Full Name, Email ID OR Mobile Number.
- Enter the Security Code as seen in the Image in the form and hit GET OTP.
- This one-time password will be received on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the received OTP and verify the same.
- You will receive Aadhar Number on your email ID or via SMS.
That’s it! You now know your Aadhar Card Number.
How to get your Aadhar Card Number Offline:
To get your Aadhar Number or UID with the Offline Method:
- Visit your nearest enrolment centre. Locate a centre nearest to you from here.
- Carry your Enrolment ID with you. If you do not have your enrolment click here to find it.
- In case you still cannot find your enrolment ID, simply visit the centre with your ID and address proof documents.
- Carry your ID and address proof for verification purposes.
- The Enrolment Centre Operator will verify your Bio-metric data.
- Once all verification is complete, they will guide you with your Aadhar Card Number.
So that is it. You now know how to get your Aadhar Card Number using the Online and Offline processes.
There is one more work-around to get your Aadhar Card Number, especially online, but it will require you have these 2 things with you:
- Enrolment ID
- Registered Mobile number
If you both of the above, then simply download an eAadhar Card. The eAadhar is a PDF or a soft copy of the actual Aadhar card and will have the Aadhar Card Number on it.
The eAadhar is also a perfectly valid proof of ID and Address and it is the same as the actual physical Aadhar card. You can even take a print out of the eAadhar and get it laminated of take the print on a photo paper for better preservation.
- To know details on how to download eAadhar card, click here.
- To know how to print Aadhar Card, click here.
Hope you have found this post useful. Feel free to explore the site for more or leave us a comment below.