This article talks about the process for Updating your Mobile Number in Aadhar Card.
This means you need to have a Mobile number already registered with Aadhar to do so. If you do not have a mobile number, then you need to add it.
To add mobile number to Aadhar, click here.
To know more about the process for Aadhaar Update, Aadhar Card Update and correction process for other Aadhar details (name, address, etc.), please visit this Aadhar Update guide – Click Here for details
If you already have your Aadhar Card and want to go for Aadhar Card Update Mobile number in Aadhar, this guide will rightly help you with the step-by-step information to do so. One of the key reasons why you should add or keep your correct mobile number registered under your Aadhar Card is because for several tasks in regards to your Aadhar (check Aadhar card status, download e-aadhar, change address or update your Aadhar, etc.), you will receive an OTP (One-Time Password) on your mobile number.
Aadhar Card Update – How to Update Mobile Number in Aadhar?
There are 2 ways through which you can change Mobile Number in Aadhar Card:
- Update Mobile Number in Aadhar through an Online process.
- Update Aadhar Card with mobile number through Post.
1. Steps to Change or Update Mobile Number in Aadhar Online:
UIDAI website provides to you a facility whereby you can change the Mobile number in Aadhar Card online – or Update Aadhar Card with your mobile number through Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal.
Here are the Simple Steps [with Pictures] to Update Mobile Number in Aadhar:
- Visit UIDAI Aadhar Self-Service portal by Visiting this link.
- A page with title “Aadhar Self Service Update Portal” will open.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhar number.
- Now enter the Text Verification number (already shown on page – also known as Captcha).
- Then click on Send OTP.
- Enter the OTP that was sent to your existing mobile number and click Login
- After that, a new page asking for Details to be Updated will appear.
- Under “Select field(s) to update“, select “Mobile Number:”
- Now enter your Mobile Number you want to Update and click Submit and Update
- Verify and Proceed and Note down the URN you will see or take a print out. It will help you check the status of your Aadhar Update for Mobile Number.
So, that is how you update the mobile number in Aadhar Card through the online process.
2. Steps to Change Mobile Number in Aadhaar or Update Mobile Number in Aadhar via Post:
If it is not possible for you to change the mobile number in Aadhaar via the above explained online method, no need to worry. You also have an option to update the mobile number in Aadhar via Post.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to Change Phone Number in Aadhar Card Offline:
- Download the Update/Correction PDF form from here.
- Take a print of the form and select “Mobile” option from first field.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhar Number and then fill up all the details as on your Aadhar Card.
- Fill the form in CAPITAL LETTERS and in both the languages (English and your local language as it appears in your Aadhar letter).
- Now, enter your mobile number that you want to add in Aadhar Card.
- You need to mention the type of ‘document of identity’ and attach the same document that proves your identity. Write your Aadhar Number on the document and sign or provide thumb print on it. You can find the complete list of acceptable documents of proof over here.
- After filling all the information properly check the form twice.
- Put the duly filled form in an envelope.
- On top of your envelope, write “Aadhar Update/Correction”. Do not forget to mention your name and address on the envelope.
- Send the Update/Correction form along with documents on below mentioned Addresses.
- Address 1: UIDAI, Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India.
- Address 2: UIDAI, Post Box No.99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India.
Once you post your form along with the documents, after few days you will receive the confirmation message of your Aadhar Card mobile update.
So, that is how you update the mobile number in Aadhar Card through the offline process.
If you haven’t registered your mobile with Aadhar or you have lost or do not possess your Aadhar registered mobile number anymore, you will have to either visit nearest Aadhar Update Centre or send your Aadhar Update request through Post for update mobile number in Aadhar.
To check the status of your Mobile Number Update Request in Aadhar, click here.
Every individual residing in India has a right to get his/her Aadhar Card. Aadhar number serves as proof of identity (PoI) and proof of address (PoA) for the citizens of India. If you are yet to enroll for your Aadhar, we firmly recommend to you to do it today itself. Enrolment for Aadhar Card is completely free and the application process if quite hassle-free (unlike other documents of proof issued by the Government of India) – so there is no reason why you should not get your Aadhar Card. Please refer our detailed guide on how to apply for Aadhar Card over here.
Do mention in the comments below if you have any queries / concerns on how to update mobile number in your Aadhar Card.