Every resident of India is now issued a 12 digit unique identification number by the Government of India which is the Aadhar . The Unique Identification Authority of India (also known as the UIDAI) is solely responsible for issuing Aadhar unique numbers numbers and respective Aadhar identification cards. The Aadhar project was initially started to ensure that the residents of India have one unique identification document or a number which is key to all the details of the individual, including both his/her biometric and demographic information . Aadhar card does not replace any of the pre-existing documents instead it can only be used as proofs for both address and identity. Today we are here to discuss on how to get update aadhar card status.
How to get Update Aadhar Card Status:
For Update Aadhar Card Status of details that are associated with the unique ID there are two methods that can be followed i.e., the update request can be urged
- By filling Online Update request Form.
- By Sending a Correction Form through Post.
Let us have a look at both the options below, and you can then choose whichever method you are comfortable with.
1. Update Request Through Online Portal:
The check for update Aadhar card status can be done online through the Self Service Update Portal (SSUP).Once you request for update of any of your details like
- Date of Birth
- Mobile number
a update request reference number i.e., Update Request Number will be raised and assigned to particular candidate. This number should be preserved as this enables you to track update aadhar card status anywhere online.
The procedure involved in getting update aadhar card status online is very much simpler compared to other status checks. The flow goes like this:
- Starting with Mobile number it is a must and should requirement to use Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) .
- Enter your aadhaar UID in the space provided and click “Get OTP” button, which sends an OTP to your mobile number.
- If you haven’t registered your mobile number then you will have to either visit nearest aadhaar center or send update request via post.
- Enter OTP and login to Self Service Update Portal .
- Select and fill in all the areas you want to change / correct. Selecting more than one is possible.
- Based on the fields you have updated /corrected attach scanned copies of original supporting documents. Click here to view supporting documents.
- For E-mail ID, Mobile and Gender Change – No documents Required to be submitted.
- Check all the details twice and make sure everything’s fine, then click submit button.
- Note down the Update Request Number(URN) which enables you to track your request online.
2. Update Request by Post:
- Download the “Aadhaar data update/correction ” form by clicking here.
- Fill in the form correctly and mention Correct Mobile Number (Mandatory).
- Based on the fields you have updated /corrected attach Self attested(self-signed) supporting documents as per List of Valid documents.
- In case child is below 5 years parent/guardian should sign on the documents.
- Mention Aadhaar Number and type of document (PoI/PoA/DoB) on all the scanned copies attached.
- Label the envelope as “Aadhaar Update/Correction” on top and seal it properly.
- Send the envelope to one of the below addresses.
Address for sending Update/Correction request by Post
Resident may send across their update requests through post to one of the addresses mentioned below:
UIDAI, Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India
How to check update status of Aadhar:
- To check the status, you again need to head to the Self Service Update Portal (SSUP).
- The following link would take you there : https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/check-status
- Once you go to that link, you would notice that the page asks you to enter details in case you want to check the update aadhar card status.
Those two details are:
- Aadhar Number (The unique 12-digit number that is issued to you initially)
- URN (Update Request Number )
The URN is the same number we mentioned previously. It is generated after you complete your Aadhar update request online through Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) that is launched by UIDAI.
Just enter these two details and click on ‘Get Status’. You would then be shown the status of your Aadhar card update application .
To know more on how to use the Update portal click here .
Thank you!! Have a great Day!!!