Aadhar Card, an effective proof of Identity and Address for us being the citizens of this country (not to be confused with proof of Citizenship), issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), is a 12 digit Unique Number which is given once in life time. During the initial stages of this policy by the Union Government, it was an off-line process. As everything is becoming digitalised now a days, a lot of Aadhar Card Services too been made Online. Now you can Initiate your Aadhar Card application Online, Check Aadhar Card Status Enquiry by Name, Enrollment ID or Aadhar Number (if already issued and applied for duplicate), download e-Version of the Aadhar Card, Update and Correct details in Aadhar Card, Link Aadhar to Voter ID and Bank Accounts etc. You can find how to avail all these services, here. In this article let us know how to do Aadhar Card Status Enquiry by Name.
If you are applying for Aadhar card afresh, click here
Simple Steps to Conduct Aadhar Card Status Enquiry by Name
Checking the Status of Aadhar Card is generally done after applying it for first time or after applying for duplicate Aadhar Card. So If you are checking the status after applying afresh, you need to know the enrollment ID given during the time of registration and for the latter, you should either know your Aadhar Number or Enrollment ID. But at times there are chances that you may forget both. In that Case, you can Know your status simply by your name. This process involves first knowing your Aadhar Number or Enrollment Number by your Name and then using any of them, you can Know your Aadhar Card Status. Lets know how to search your Aadhar Number by name.
Knowing Aadhar Number / Enrollment ID by Name
Follow the below steps to know your Aadhar Number or Enrollment ID
- Go to the link ‘ resident.uidai.net.in/find-uid-eid ‘ or simply click here.
- Select Enrollment ID
- Enter your Full Name as given in application.
- Enter the registered email Id or Mobile number (any one of them can work but make sure you have access to them )
- Enter security code and click on Get OTP.
- Enter the OTP you received to your mail or mobile.
- Click on Verify OTP.
- Then your Enrollment ID will be sent to your mail or Mobile Number.
A confirmation page as shown below will appear.
Now let us see how to know the status of the Aadhar Card
Aadhar Card Status Enquiry by Name
Thus by entering our Name and registerd Mobie or eMail Id we can know the Enrollment ID. Using this Enrollment ID we can easily know the Status of the Aadhar Card.
- Go to the link ‘ resident.uidai.net.in/check-aadhaar-status ‘ or simply click here to navigate.
- Enter Enrollment ID in the respective box
- Enter the Date and time of registration. (Date and time of registration will be sent to the Registered mobile or Email along with the Enrollment ID in the above process)
- Enter the Security Code.
- Click on Check Status.
- A confirmation Page as shown below will appear.
After getting this confirmation page you can download your e-Aadhar by clicking on the relevant button. For more details on how to get e-Version of your Aadhar Card, click here.