Aadhar Card Enrollment is the first thing you would have to do if you want to apply for an Aadhar Card. UIDAI has set up Aadhar Card Enrollment Centres regionally for the same. Citizens can register for their Aadhar Cards at these centers, along with the necessary documents. Aadhar Card has now become a nationally accepted Id proof, which makes it all the more important. So, if you have to enroll for an Aadhar Card, you must first decide whether you are ok with the online process of doing it. If not, you have an offline choice for Aadhar Card Enrollment as well.
Aadhar Card Enrollment: Quick Steps to do it:
To Enrol for an Aadhar Card, you must decide a few things first. You will have to decide which enrollment center you want to visit (you can locate your nearest enrollment center online). Once you have done that, please decide if you want to enroll offline or online.
LOCATE THE NEAREST AADHAR CARD ENROLLMENT CENTRE:
To locate the nearest Aadhar Card Enrollment center:
- Visit the UIDAI Online resident portal or click here.
- Among all the Aadhar Services listed on the page, select the option ‘Locate Enrolment Centre’ option.
- You will have to specify your State, District, Locality/Area. Once you submit these details, the search results are displayed.
- Now the details about the precise address of the center, the person you can contact, phone numbers and type of center are displayed.
STEPS FOR OFFLINE AADHAR CARD ENROLLMENT:
For Offline Enrollment:
- Visit the Enrollment center.
- Fill in the offline form.Enter accurate details like Name, Parentage, Address, Date of Birth etc.
- Get your biometrics done.
- Submit the documents for Proof of ID and Proof of Age and Address.
Once you have done these, you have successfully applied for Aadhar Card.
STEPS FOR ONLINE AADHAR CARD ENROLLMENT:
As mentioned earlier in this article, you will have to choose an Enrollment center first from the list provided on the UIDAI web page. Once you have done that :
- Book an online appointment. To know about the process – Click here. Booking an appointment saves you a lot of time and energy at the Enrollment Center.
- Get the appointment and visit the center for biometrics and further Aadhar Card Application process.
- Fill in the Enrollment form. Enter accurate details like Name, Parentage, Address, Date of Birth etc.
- Additionally, you may wish to link your bank account with Aadhar for availing different Aadhar Benefits.
The Process of Aadhar Card Enrollment includes Biometric Scanning like finger scanning, iris scanning, and photograph.
The entire process takes about 15 mins. Once done you will be given an enrollment slip mentioning your Enrollment Id and Enrollment Date and Time. You must preserve this slip for further purposes.
Once your data is collected, it is then subjected to a vigorous scrutiny to prevent errors and so. The process may take a time of about 60-90 days.
If the data is found to be correct, Aadhar number is generated and will be messaged to you on your registered cell number.
Aadhar Card Enrollment Done – What Next?
If you have done all the above processes successfully. Your Aadhar Number would be soon generated and you would be informed about the same via an SMS. You would also receive the hard copy of your Aadhar Card in the weeks following the date on which you were messaged. Meanwhile, when the thing is under process, you may want to know about the status of your Aadhar card. You can easily do that online through the options that UIDAI web portal provides you.
To know how to check your Aadhar Card Status – please click here.
Once your Aadhar Number has been generated, you can download an E-Aadhar Card. This is helpful in case there is a delay in receiving your Aadhar Card via post.
To know How to download an E-Aadhar Card – click here.
Follow the above mentioned quick and easy steps and you will find yourself tension free while enrolling for an Aadhar Card.