Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) is an ambitious affordable housing scheme of central Government. The main objective of the scheme is to provide the homeless families of the country with a pucca house to ensure the socio-economic development of the country.
Under this scheme the government of India will construct affordable houses across the country, mainly in the urban areas. The eligible citizens of the country will be able to apply for houses under this scheme both online and offline.
The ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation has signed an MoU with CSC e-Governance Services India Limited, ministry of electronics and information technology to enable online applications for PMAY.
Application for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana:
The government wants to make the application process easy an therefore it has allowed online form submission for the PMAY-U for the urban poor.
However one needs to be mindful of the eligibility criteria for the PMAY. Here are the details of the same:
- EWS: There are specific criteria listed to distinguish you belong to the Economically Weaker Sections category. Households with an annual income Up to INR 3 lakh will be defined under EWS.
- LIG: To be classified under LIG you will have to prove that your annual household income is between INR 3 lakh and 6 lakh.
- MIG 1: Medium Income Group 1, a person earning less then INR 12 lakhs per year. He/she can get loan upto INR 9 lakhs.
- MIG 2: Medium Income Group 2, a person earning less then INR 18 Lakhs. He/She can get loan upto INR 12 lakhs.
- Minority Groups: The persons belonging to the minority communities such as the SC/ST or OBC, will have to provide adequate provide their caste certificates to enlist themselves for PMAY.
- Women: Women who either belong to the minority communities or EWS or LIG will also be considered eligible for PMAY.
None of the applicants should hold a pucca house anywhere else. The LIG categories will receive assistance only under the CLSS or the Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme. The EWG and others will receive complete assistance.
State and UTs are free to modify the limits under the above mentioned categories.
How to Apply for PMAY through CSC:
The interested candidates can apply online for PM Awas Yojana by visiting any of their nearest common service centre or the CSCs. Out of the total 2 Lakh CSCs, 60,000 in urban areas will be enabled to accept online form submission for the scheme.
- The process of online applications for PMAY is e-KYC (Know Your Client) enabled which means applications are submitted after due verification of the candidate details.
- The cost of online submission of PMAY application form would be Rs. 25.
- The Common Service centers would provide acknowledgement receipt of the online application of PMAY in print form.
- The acknowledgement receipt will also contain the photograph of the applicant and a unique application ID. This will help track the status of application.
Aadhar card will be one of the necessary documents required to apply online for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme. However, if the candidate does not have Aadhar card, CSC will also help get an Aadhar card for the candidate.
Bringing the application process online, is a part of Digital India campaign which will also help reduce the hassle of physical submission of application forms.
The interested candidates can also fill the PMAY online application survey forms at http://pmaymis.gov.in/ under the citizen application menu.
Applying for the scheme offline through banks:
In case you are eligible for this scheme then you can apply for the same by visiting the nearest public bank.
You just need to fill in the application form that is available in all the public-sector banks and fill in the details that have been asked in the form. Once you are done filling the form, attach the necessary documents and submit the form to the bank itself. After verification your application will be processed.
Features of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
For this scheme all the people who do not have a pucca house and belong to the Economically Weaker Section of the society will be eligible for the scheme.
- Under this scheme women and families of the SC and ST category will be given preference.
- Other categories of income groups are also eligible for availing the CLSS benefits.
- The family belonging to the economically weak section should have a yearly income of not more than 3 lakhs and the families belonging to the Lower Income group should not have a yearly income of more than 6 lakhs.
- ThePradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme also allows Credit Linked Subsidy which means that applicants of the scheme can also apply for a home loan under this scheme for which they will be charged interest at a subsidized rate.
- A loan of up to INR 6 lakhs for a tenure of 15 years, will be given an interest subsidy of 6.5%. But for an amount or time more than 15 years, the interest subsidy will not be applicable.
- The loan can also be taken for constructing an own house or for repairing an existing house. In such a case the construction has to be take place within 18 months.
- Also the house should be constructed by following the guidelines mentioned by the government under this scheme.
So there you have it. The details regarding Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana and who can apply and how. For more news and updates, feel free to explore the site.