When people possess an identity document of national importance, it is very obvious that they take all precautionary measures to safeguard those documents/identity cards. Careful handling of these ID cards is necessary because, the processes involved in getting such identity documents are generally known to be very time consuming. However, due to unfortunate circumstances, you may lose/misplace your Aadhar Card. There is no need to worry any further, this is what you should be doing right away when you realize that you have lost Aadhar Card.
This article is here to help you with more details on the lost Aadhar card problem.
What you Must Do when you have Lost Aadhar Card:
Most of us are of the notion that when important documents like driving licence, voter ID, or any such document is lost/misplaced, then the road ahead shall be rough. A lot of time and effort go into obtaining the duplicate identity document. The very thought of approaching local Government offices, lodging a FIR complaint, etc. appear to be disturbing the mind and automatically people fall prey to panic.
Well, this is not the case with Aadhar card. If you have lost Aadhar card, by doing a few clicks and entering details you can get the E-Aadhar.
The downloaded version of Aadhar card has been notified as a valid proof of identity and address by the Reserve Bank of India. The Aadhar card is available in a digital format with the UIDAI Database and can be downloaded when situation demands.
Click here to read more about how to get duplicate Aadhar card.
What can be Done to Replace a Lost Aadhar Card:
Now, if you have lost Aadhar card, you are left with the only option of finding the means to get an Aadhar card. The following steps will guide you in getting a duplicate Aadhar card.
Step 1: Find UID/EID
- Logon to UIDAI Resident Portal.
- Click “Find UID/EID” button.
- Select the option either UID or EID (the one you want to retrieve).
- If you already know the UID / EID – then this step is not required. Proceed to Step 2 directly.
- Enter your Name and Email id or mobile number which you provided at the time of enrollment. This is mandatory to receive lost UID/EID.
- Enter the security code text appearing in the image.
- Click “Get OTP” to generate the One-Time-Password which will be sent to your registered mobile number or email id.
- Enter the OTP received.
- Click “Verify OTP” button.
After this, you will receive the Aadhar Number or Enrolment ID as per your request.
Step 2: Download E-Aadhar
- Logon to UIDAI Resident Portal, or click here
- Click “Get E-Aadhar” button.
- Enter the Enrolment Id or Aadhar Number that was received.
- Enter your Full name, Pin code, Captcha code and Mobile Number. If Enrollment Id(EID) is used to download Aadhar card, mobile number not be entered and if Aadhar number(UID) is used then it is mandatory to enter the registered mobile number.
- Click “Get One-Time-Password” button.
- You will receive a one-time-password on your registered mobile number. This is usually for verification purposes.
- Enter the OTP and click “Validate & Download” button.
You can now download your Aadhar Card in PDF format. You must type the registered Pin code to open the Aadhar PDF File.
The E-Aadhar thus downloaded can be printed and the same can be used wherever needed. The validity of the Aadhar card is same as the original one.
With the growing advances in technology, it has become really simple in getting an Id card such as Aadhar as well as its duplicate, in case a resident has missed or lost Aadhar card. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) website has gained widespread popularity among residents for its initiatives and its stupendous ways of handling their concerns and problems.
We hope this article was useful. Please check this website for many such useful resources. If you have any further queries, please let us know by posting your comments below.