Today, the Indian Government is planning to make Aadhar Card necessary for most of the legal and Government administrative procedures – along with encouraging people to link their Aadhar to their bank accounts. But even today many people are not aware of or are confused how to link Aadhar to bank account online. It is a very easy process to link Aadhar with your bank account and it just take a couple of minutes to add details of Aadhar to your bank account – you just need to follow the below mentioned simple procedure. The methods or processes are almost similar and applicable to all banks like STATE BANK OF INDIA (SBI), ICICI, HDFC, UBI etc.
Link Aadhar to Bank account online – Why is it important?
Let us first discuss why is it important to link Aadhar to your bank account. One of the foremost benefits of linking Aadhar to Bank accounts is that it helps individuals to receive benefits and amount of subsidies under various government schemes directly into their bank accounts. According to UIDAI, “Establishing a link between an Aadhar number and a bank account makes it easy for the government to identify genuine beneficiaries and route welfare payments and subsidies directly into their bank accounts”.
According to reports, more than 10 crores Aadhar numbers have already been linked to bank accounts. What are you waiting for?
Ways to link Aadhar to bank account online :
There are two ways to link Aadhar Card to Bank account online:
- (Online method) Add details of Aadhar to your bank account via the net banking portal of your bank.
- (Offline method) Add details of Aadhar to your bank account by submitting a form to your bank. You can download this form either from your bank’s website or visit the nearest branch of your bank and ask for the Aadhar to Bank Account Seeding Form
As time flies by, I would suggest that since the Option 1, net banking is less time consuming than filling up the form and submitting it to the bank, I suggest you to go with Option 1. Having said that, if you do not have Net Banking enabled in your bank account, you are left with Option 2 only. For this article, we will talk in detail about Option 1.
Option 1 to Link Aadhar to Bank account online – Updating the Aadhar Details via the Net Banking portal of your bank
Linking Aadhar to bank account can be done by updating the Aadhar details online i.e. via internet banking or the net banking portal of your bank. If your account does not have internet banking enabled, I think this is a good time to enabled net banking for your account. Just visit the nearest branch of your bank and ask for an Internet Banking form. It is very simple to fill this form and just within a couple of days, you will receive the details of your username and password for your internet banking right at your postal address (as per the records of the bank).
If you already have net banking enabled for your bank account, proceed further to link Aadhar to bank account:
- Now you need to login into your net banking account.
- Once you are logged in, you will find the option or link as ‘Update Aadhar Card Details’ or ‘Aadhar Card Seeding’.
- Now click the link to open the other page
- Now bank will ask for some basic information about your Aadhar Card. Enter the details required details correctly.
- After entering the details submit this information by hitting the Submit Button.
- Once you submit the details, it will be saved to the respective bank database.
- After that, bank will verify the information the details of your Aadhar (they have an access to UIDAI data) and link the Aadhar to your bank account.
- You would be informed or notified either through email or SMS to your registered email address or phone number once this process is completed. Also National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has provided the facility to check Aadhar- bank account linkage by dialing *99*99# on mobile phones at the cost of Rs. 1.50 per enquiry.
So, these were the simple and easier steps through which one can link Aadhar to bank account online.
We hope this article will help you link your Aadhar to your bank account – do note that it is also called as Aadhar Bank Account Seeding or Aadhar Seeding.
- To receive LPG subsidy directly to your account, you must link your Aadhar to your LPG Connection too. Refer this detailed guide of ours on how to link Aadhar Card to LPG connection online.
- Did you check Aadhar’s newly launched Seeding portal. It’s available over here – https://rasf.uidai.gov.in/seeding/User/ResidentSplash.aspx