The Aadhar which was founded with the intention of making it a unique identification number for citizens of India is not much more than just a number. It already has various benefits entailed to it such as serving as an identity and address proof, serving to help get passports quickly and even, in some cases, and serving as means to withdraw money from the ATM! Yes, you read it right. The Aadhar can now be used to withdraw money from your bank account, click here to know more about this.
Coming back to the Aadhar, the Government has now made it mandatory to link the Aadhar card with your ration card. With the online portal, this task will be a lot easier. Read further as to how to link Aadhar card to Ration Card.
Link Aadhar Card to Ration Card – Online Method:
There are high chances that the Online Portal might not work out for you since the scheme isn’t fully implemented yet. If this happens, you can switch over to the offline method; however, give this method a try first:
- Visit the Aadhaar Seeding Application Website or Click here to open the portal in your web browser:
- Click on “Start Now”
- Enter the state you live in and your location.
- Next, choose “Ration Card” in benefit type. It is possible that you might not see the ration card option; this is because this facility is yet not available in all regions. If this happens, go for the offline method.
- Enter the scheme name and the number of your ration card in the columns given.
- Now, your personal details like mobile number, e-mail ID and Aadhar card number are to be entered.
- You will now receive an OTP (One Time Password) on the mobile number you entered. Enter the OTP and click Submit.
That is all! This ends the application process from your end. If you have successfully applied to link Aadhar to Ration card, you will receive a confirmation message either via E-mail or SMS.
Link Aadhar Card to Ration Card – Offline Method:
If you face any problem in using the online method, you can go for the offline method which will involve going to the nearest Ration office along with the following documents:
- Photocopies of Aadhar Card of every family member
- Photocopy of your Ration Card
- Passport Size photograph of the head of the family
- A linked Bank Account. If you do not have a bank account link, take the photocopy of your passbook.
Once you have all the above mentioned documents, go to the nearest ration office and submit these documents. When the verification process is done, you will be notified VIA email or SMS.
Link Aadhar Card to Ration Card by SMS:
You can also link your Aadhar with your Ration Card By sending an SMS to 51969. The format of the SMS should be as follows:
UID SEED <State Short Code> <Scheme/Program Short Code> <Scheme/Program ID> <Aadhaar No>
UID SEED UP POSC 1039547 121217131212
Although the above process is perfectly fine to be carried out, we do recommend you prefer the online option if possible, since the codes maybe tricky to know by a common man and also there are chances of mistakes while typing codes in SMS.
We hope we were of assistance and were able to help you to link Aadhar Card to Ration Card. For any doubts regarding the Aadhar, feel free to explore our website.
Have a Nice Day!