Quick Steps on How to Link Voter ID with Aadhar:
Note: ECI has currently suspended Aadhar Seeding for, Voter ID Card. You can check this over here.
- The first step is keep the Aadhar and Voter Card numbers ready with you.
- Now, visit the online National Voter’s Service Portal or the Electoral Search website’s Aadhar Seeding Page here – http://electoralsearch.in/?feedaadhaar
- Enter your Name, Voter ID Card or the EPIC number, Aadhar no. alongwith mobile number in the form you see.
- Simply click the Submit button.
- If everything is done correctly a confirmation message will appear on screen.
That’s it, you have linked Aadhar Card to your Voter ID Card. For detailed steps on Aadhar Seeding, please click here
Election Commission of India has announced linking of Aadhar with Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC) or Voter ID Card. This process will continue till the end of 2015 and aims at preparation of 100% error-and-duplicacy-free electoral rolls to strengthen the democratic system India is known for worldwide. Here is all you need to know about Aadhar Card Seeding.
How to Link Aadhar with Voter ID Card?
In order to link Voter ID Card with Aadhar (also known as Aadhar Seeding), one needs to simply follow one of the following easy methods. This hardly takes five minutes but is sure to help you a lot in the future, considering the potential of both Voter ID Card (EPIC) and Aadhar card as a vital document in India.
Seeding of Aadhar with Voter ID Card (EPIC) can be done through either of the following ways:
- via SMS or
- through Call Center.
One needs to only submit details of two and rest verification shall be done automatically by ECI. One needs to keep his/her Aadhar no and Voter ID Card number and details ready during the process.
*Update: we have created this chart / infographic on EPIC Linking with Aadhar Card (also known as EPIC Aadhar Card Seeding). We hope it helps.
Option 1: STEPS TO LINK AADHAR CARD WITH VOTER ID CARD ONLINE
- On the top of your EPIC or Voter ID Card ( just below the National Emblem), locate your card number which is generally a 10 character in length with first 3 as English letters and followed by 7 numerals. eg FLY1567287 or OXP7368378
- Open National Voter’s Services Portal – Aadhar Seeding page by CLICKING HERE- http://electoralsearch.in/?feedaadhaar
- A webpage similar to one shown in picture shall open.
- On this page, enter your Name as on your Aadhar card , your EPIC number, Aadhar number and mobile number.
- You have the option to enter either mobile number or email id according to his or her wish.
- Mobile number or email is only needed for updates on seeding request being submitted.
- Once all necessary details are entered click on Submit button. A message will be displayed confirming successful submission of request for seeding of Aadhar with voter ID card.
NOTE: Citizens from the State of Telangana need to register using this website – http://188.8.131.52/epic/
Option 2: STEPS TO LINK AADHAR WITH VOTER ID CARD THROUGH SMS
- This method is very simple and a simple SMS in following format needs to be sent to submit the request for Aadhar and EPIC seeding.
- Type a message in format “ECILINK <EPIC_Number> <Aadhaar_Number>” and send it to 51696 or 166.
- For Example for EPIC id ABC1234567 and Aadhar no 123412341234, SMS is to be sent as – ECILINK ABC1234567 123412341234 to 51696 or 166
- On successfully registering via SMS a confirmation SMS shall be received.
Option 3: LINKING VOTER ID CARD WITH AADHAR CARD BY CALLING CALL CENTER
- In order to register for seeding of Aadhar and Voter ID Card (EPIC) over call one needs to call the dedicated call center mandated for the purpose of Aadhar-EPIC seeding.
- Before calling the call center one needs to be ready with his/her EPIC no and Aadhar ID.
- Call center can be reached by dialing toll free number 1950 from Mobile or Landline during office hours ie 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM on all working days.
- The call center executive needs to be provided with details like EPIC number, Aadhar ID, mobile no or email id etc.
As of now, there is no official or unofficial method to check status of Aadhar-EPIC seeding. One can however anytime contact the call center on toll free number 1950 to confirm the registration of request for Aadhar EPIC seeding.
For detailed news article on Linking of Aadhar Card with Voter ID Card, please refer this note on AadharCardKendra website.
Do let us in the comments below if you have any queries or require further details on linking Aadhar card with Voter ID Card. We shall try our best to help you.