Aadhar – The 12 digit unique identification number issued to all individuals residing in India is expected to be a game changer in citizen services in India in coming years. While Aadhar has already been linked to many of the services being offered by Government and Direct Benefit Transfer(DBT) model being used for financial transactions, more and more services are being linked with Aadhar by Government of India on day to day basis. Among the most successful Aadhar linking implementations to other allied services is the LPG subsidy under project PAHAL which promotes pilferage free equitable LPG subsidy distribution among citizens. This has to a great extent stopped the malpractices of LPG distributors who often resorted to black marketing or hoarding in past. Now, whenever subsidy is availed from anybody’s LPG connection – subsidy amount in cash is transferred directly to the Bank Account of the customer linked with his/her Aadhar.
How to link Aadhar to LPG connection online?
Linking or Seeding of Aadhar with LPG connection was annoying till some time back and involved tedious steps of filling up of printed forms and visiting the LPG distributor for its submission. However, considering the difficulties faced by people and very low response from people, Government has now asked UIDAI to start a dedicated web portal for seeding or linking of services with Aadhar. Linking of LPG is the first service being launched nationwide on this portal and citizens can now link their Aadhar with their LPG connection within few minutes.
IMPORTANT NOTE- If you have already registered your bank account directly with LPG company and the Bank Account linked with your Aadhar is different. Post seeding of LPG- Aadhar subsidy will be transferred to the account linked with Aadhar. This is because Aadhar was linked with LPG at a later date and LPG system of various petroleum companies follows the principle of transferring benefits to the LATEST account being linked.
Here is a detailed guide on How to link Aadhar to LPG online using the Aadhar Seeding Application recently launched.
- Visit the Aadhar seeding application launched by UIDAI at the URL http://mylpg.in/. This shall open up a webpage similar to one shown in the screenshot (do note that from time-to-time, the look of this website may change, but the overall process remains the same).
- Click on Start Now button to start the seeding process. Meanwhile be ready with details like your LPG company name, Name of distributor, Distributor district, your LPG customer ID and most importantly 12 digit Aadhar ID. Also one needs to have access to the registered mobile number in Aadhar database for one time password (OTP) verification as a security measure.
- On the web page select your State and wait for the list of districts to update and display. Now under Step 2 category on same page select benefit type as ‘LPG’.
- From the list of Scheme Name select your Oil company ie HPCL (Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited) , IOCL(Indian Oil Corporation Limited) or BPCL (Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited).
- Carefully select your distributor name from drop down list of distributors available in the said district for said company. Also key in your Consumer Number for LPG which can be found on the ‘Red Book’ or LPG connection document.
- Finally enter your 12 digit Aadhar Number and also mention one of your registered E-Mail or Mobile number to receive OTP verification code.
- Type in the OTP code received and press submit button to complete submission of Seeding request for LPG Services with Aadhar.
- A unique reference number may be generated. This can be noted for future reference.
Thus, it can be inferred that linking of Aadhar with LPG connection is very simple and hardly takes few minutes to complete. Once Aadhar is successfully seeded with LPG, the benefits of LPG subsidy shall continue be received in the Bank/Post Office account linked with one’s Aadhar card.
If you are yet to register for Aadhar, CLICK HERE to read a detailed Article on Aadhar Card application form-Guide to Download, Fill & Submit it.
Do let us in the comments below if you have any queries or require further detail.