UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India), has started lot many Aadhar Card Centres for Aadhar Card Enrollment in each and every state. This is to help people with new enrollments throughout the year. An Aadhar Card enrollment Center is the means through which the residents of India can apply and obtain this Unique Identification number.
As of now, the UIDAI is successfully operating about 11,500+ Aadhar Card Enrollment Centers both permanent and temporary all over India.
Click Here to get the Aadhar Card Enrollment Form
Know your Aadhar Card Enrollment Center:
The main role of Aadhar Card Enrollment Center is to first allow an applicant to register and book an appointment for verification of documents, and collect their biometric details such as fingerprints, Iris scan and capture the photograph. This should be performed with great care and has to be sent for approval to UIDAI.
UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) has set up Aadhar Card Centre of 2 types:
- Permanent Aadhar Card Center and
- Temporary Aadhar Card Center.
Permanent Aadhar Card Centre:
In the beginning of the Aadhar Card issuance, UIDAI had only started few permanent Aadhar Card Centre. But they were not sufficient.
In view of the citizens convenience, it partnered private agencies and started operating temporary Aadhar Card enrollment center in every state.
Temporary Aadhar Card Enrollment Center:
Now-a-days it is not at all an issue to locate a Aadhar Card Enrollment Center in a city or in a state. All you have to do is just visit UIDAI website or Aadhar kiosk and find the Aadhar Card Enrollment Center.
Click here to know more about Aadhar Kiosk.
Steps to Locate Aadhar Card Enrollment Center:
Follow these simple steps to locate Aadhar Card enrollment center:
- Click here to navigate directly to Aadhar Card enrollment center locator.
- You can also find this as the first option in Aadhar kiosk which will take you to the same page.
- The search form looks as shown below :
- In here you will have to type in the details of your residence address.
- Select your state from the drop- down menu then your district and the last one select the locality/ area you belong to from the menu.
- Now just hit search button that’s it you will see a list of the authorized Aadhar Card enrollment centers available in your locality/ area along with their exact address details.
- You can make contact with the enrollment center you are interested in through the contact number available and get more details.
- You will notice two symbols adjacent to some of the enrollment centers which indicate that center is providing some more sophisticated services like web enrollment i.e., online appointment booking facility and
- By clicking the blinking icon you will see online appointment booking form for Aadhar enrollment.
- You also have a choice to limit your search by clicking only the permanent enrollment centers or the ones with web enrollment.
Some states along with Union Territories of India fall into the NPR (National Population Register).
Category for which the process is slightly different. If you are from one of those states please click here.
Book your Appointment for Aadhar Card Enrollment:
Once you are done with locating or getting details of Aadhar Card enrollment center the next step is to book an appointment. If the enrollment center of your interest is providing web enrollment then book an appointment directly through the internet if not visit the center personally.
Click here for Online Enrollment – This link is to the Official UIDAI portal’s appointment booking page.
You will see a form – The form asks you to enter some details like:
- Your Full Name
- Email-ID (will be used as mode of communication in future)
- Mobile Number
- State/UT you belong to.
- District/City of your residence and
- Locality/ Area you live in.
After entering the details choose a date and time of your wish for the appointment and hit “Fix appointment” button.
For enrollment to complete the applicant must submit some documents regarding POA (Proof of Address), POI (Proof of Identity), DoB (Date of Birth) and etc., click here for the list of accepted supporting documents.
To enroll offline i.e., book appointment offline read this.
Also, here’s a step -by- step guide on how to obtain the Aadhar Card.
Hope you found what you are looking for. Keep reading!!!