Here are the Quick Steps for Getting your Aadhaar Card Address Change Status:
The fastest way to do it is online.
- Keep the Aadhar Card Number and the Update Request Number or URN (you must have received while you had submitted the update request), handy
- First visit https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/check-status
- Fill in the Aadhar No. and URN
- Click GET STATUS
That’s it. For a detailed process on Aadhar Card Address Change Status Update and Checking Status, click here.
Aadhaar card has become the most important identification to every Indian . It has been associated with many important application processes like Bank accounts, Voter ID and PAN card etc. And the most prevailing problem now a days is checking Aadhar card address change status.
If you recently shifted to a new address or you have Aadhar with incorrect address details. Here in this article we are about to show you the detailed procedure of Aadhar card address change where in we walk you through the application procedure, documents required, and also how to check Aadhar card address change status .
UIDAI also launched a portal to serve the purpose which is Self Service Update Portal (SSUP). Click here to know more about using SSUP.
How to go about Aadhar Card Address Change?
First the requirements…
The process involved is very easy to follow and execute. All you need to have is a proof that validates you address and you need to select one from the list of accepted ones. Click here .
Having a mobile number which is registered with your id during enrollment process is mandatory. To which a One Time Password will be sent which ensures your authentication safety.
In case you have not registered your mobile number all you have to do is go in person to any of the Aadhaar help centers and apply by filling details correction form manually.
What all you can change?
You are free to correct/update:
- Your Name
- Date of Birth
- Address of Communication
- E-mail ID, Mobile Number, Gender .
Steps for Aadhar Address Change Online:
Once you have your registered mobile number with you go on and punch in the details.
- First visit https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update .
- Enter your Aadhar Card Number in the space provided.
- Now click on the option, ‘Send OTP’.
- This sends a OTP (One Time Password) to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the Captcha Code and then you’ll be taken to the ‘Data Update Request’ tab.
- Select whatever you want to correct/change from this list.
- For E-mail ID, Mobile and Gender Change– No documents Required to be submitted.
- Then, you need to upload the Aadhar card address change documents .
For your reference, we request you to go through the valid documents of address. click here
Once you are done with entering all the details and uploading all the required documents clicking submit at the end gives you a URN(Update request Number) . This number helps in finding the status of update request.
For offline updating process check out submission through Post section here .
How to check Aadhar Card Address Change Status :
Upon successful application submission you can now check for the status of your submitted update request. All you need to have is your Aadhaar number along with your URN(Update Request Number).
Once you are ready with these two numbers go to https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/check-status and punch in your numbers to get the actual status of your application.
In case you have to update your mobile number please feel free to read Easiest way to update mobile number in Aadhar .
Have a Nice day!!