Quick steps on How to Find Aadhar Card Number or UID and EID by Name:
- First visit the Resident UIDAI Portal to Find UID or EID, here
- Select the Aadhar Number option or UID Option. Note: If you are looking for the EID, then select that.
- Now enter your Full Name, Email, Mobile Number and the Captcha or the Security text – Click Get OTP to receive OTP on your Mobile number
- Enter the OTP once you receive it and Click on Verify OTP
- You will now have received an Email on your registered email ID with your UID or EID number.
That’s it. You may have also received and SMS with the same details.
- Having a registered mobile number is important, because you will need it to receive OTP for further process.
- If you do not have a registered mobile number, previously added to Aadhar, click here to add it now.
For detailed guide…
To Download Aadhar Card Online Without Enrolment or Mobile Number, click here.
The Aadhar Card number or the Enrolment ID, both are very important bits of information for Aadhar related tasks like checking enrolment/update status online, linking Aadhar to Voter ID or Bank Account, etc. In this article, we show the simple method that would help you search your EID or Find UID of Aadhar Card by name, in case you have lost them.
Aadhar Card by Name: Online Search to Find UID or EID – Requirements
Before you initiate the online search for the two important ID numbers of Aadhar card by name, and find UID; here are two important contact fields that must be linked to your Aadhar:
- Mobile No. Registered with the Aadhar Card
- And/Or E-Mail ID Registered with UID Aadhar Card
These are the simplest steps for Aadhar Card Search. All you need to have a registered mobile no. or emaild ID to receive the UID or EID after conducting an Aadhar Card search by name. If you have either of the mentioned contact mediums registered with your Aadhar Card then you are good to go.
UIDAI portal is where Aadhar card holders get a lot of their queries solved and Aadhar related tasks completed. This included finding your lost EID or UID numbers.
Steps to Find UID / EID for Aadhar Card by Name:
The following are the simple steps for you to find UID or EID or Aadhar Card by name:
Step 1 – Visit Online Aadhar Card Kiosk on Resident UIDAI Portal:
- Visit the Online Aadhar Kiosk (Aadhar Card resident portal)
- You will see a simple form like here:
- Select whether you want to search for ‘UID’ or ‘EID’ for Aadhar card by name.
Step 2 – Enter the Details to Generate and OTP:
- Enter your personal details like Name, Mobile Number/Email ID (registered with your Aadhar card details). You would then receive a ‘One Time Pin’ on either your mobile number or the email id, depending upon the field you decide to enter. You would also have to fill in the security captcha code before you click on ‘Get OTP’.
Step 3 – Enter the OTP and Submit – You will Find your UID / EID:
- Enter the OTP you received as a text/email. Make sure that you have entered the correct OTP and if so is the case, click on ‘Verify OTP’.
- If you have provided the correct details and followed the mentioned steps properly, you would soon receive your lost UID or EID and the Aadhar Card ID search by name would be completed.
Step 4 – Status Check for Aadhar Card by Name:
- Once you receive your UID or EID, you can proceed with the Aadhar Card status check on the Resident Portal itself (Requires the 28-digit Enrolment ID i.e. EID). Here are the 4 simple steps to do so:
- On the homepage, just click, ‘Check Aadhar Status’.
- Enter the 28-digit Aadhar Card Enrollment ID.
- Enter the security captcha.
- Click on ‘Get Status’.
Well, that’s it. Hope we were of help to you. If you have any queries, doubts, suggestions do leave them in the comments below. We try our best to answer them as soon as we can.
The advent of Aadhar Card demonstrates the increasing incorporation of Government services with Internet and Information Technology. One such feature is the Aadhar Card by Name Search and Checking your Status.
The launch of the latest Government initiative, the Digital Locker facility, just adds to the credibility of the argument that suggests that e-governance is the future of our Democracy. It has a lot of positives, however, the negatives cannot be ignored. With the availability of downloadable Aadhar card, the concept of keeping the actual offline Aadhar Card securely is slowly losing significance. We tend to take for granted, the availability of an e-Aadhar card as and when it is needed. In such cases, forgetting or losing the UID (Aadhar Card number) and EID (Enrolment ID) is a fairly common phenomena. So you need to be able to Find UID.