Every resident in India is now issued a 12 digit number by the government which is called as the Adhar. The Unique Identification Authority of India which is also known as the UIDAI functions under the planning commission of India and is responsible for managing the Adhar numbers and Adhar identification cards. The Adhar project was initially started so that a resident could have a single unique identification document or number which would capture all the details of the individual, including the biometric and demographic information. There are already a lot of identification documents in India such as the PAN card, driving license and ration cards. The Adhar card does not replaces these identification documents but it can be used alone as an identity proof in order to apply for other things. There are various Adhar card centers located in India and if a resident wishes to apply for the Adhar card, he/she can simply do so by submitting the existing proof of identity (passport, PAN card, driving license, etc.) along with the proof of address (phone/ power bill, bank statements, etc.), further a biometric profiling will be carried out which includes fingerprints and iris scan. In this post we will be telling you about how to check you Adhar card status online, read further to know more about it.
Checking your Adhar Card Status Online:
Technology has indeed proved to be a boon for all of us as now you can check your Adhar card status in a few simple steps online!
We have made your work easier by providing you with the direct link to the webpage, from which you can check your Adhar card status, simply Click here and fill in the form with your details in order to check your Adhar card status.
If you wish to check your Adhar card status via the official UIDAI website, follow the steps below:
1. The first step towards checking your Adhar card status will be to go on the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) which is www.uidai.gov.in .
2. Once you are on the website, look to your right and there will be a list of some links displayed. You will now have to click on “Aapka Adhar” option from the links that are given at the side.
3. Clicking on aapka Adhar option will take you on a different webpage in which certain options will be given. Look at the blue colored bar on the top, it will have six options which are home, resident, registrar, partner, students, others. You are required to select the “Others” option and wait till you are redirected to another webpage.
4. Once redirected, have a look at the options listed on the left side, under the “Others” heading. Click on the “Resident Portal” option.
5. You will now be taken to a different webpage on which several options in rectangular boxes will be displayed. Find the “Check Adhar status” option and click on it in order to check your Adhar card status.
6. A digital form will now be in front of you which needs to be filled. Enter your enrollment ID and the date or time. Once you have entered both and the security code which will be displayed on your screen, click on “Check Status” option.
7. Your Adhar card status will be displayed upon your screen.
We hope you were able to successfully check your Adhar card status, we are at your service for all your Adhar related queries. Keep reading for more information regarding the Adhar.
Have a nice day!