A Detailed Guide To Make Aadhar Card Registration Easy…
Quick Steps on How to Apply for Aadhar Card:
- Visit the UIDAI website or click here and select an Aadhar Application or Enrolment centre near you.
- Download the Enrolment form from here. Fill it up correctly.
- Carry the valid documents for ID and Address proof with you to the enrolment centre. Click to check the list of documents accepted.
- Get your Biometric data recorded at the enrolment centre.
- Submit the documents and the completed form at the Enrolment Centre.
That’s it. You have successfully applied for Aadhar Card.
Aadhar is a 12 Digit Unique identification number issued in India after due scrutiny of data and scanning of individuals. Aadhar is unique and very important number and issued only once in lifetime to citizens of India. It is not a proof of citizenship but a very effective proof of identity and address to avail various facilities and schemes like Direct Benefit Transfer of Government Subsidies like in Domestic Gas, Ration, etc. or for passport applications, opening of bank account or other day to day needs anywhere in India.
How to Apply for Aadhar Card Online?
On successful enrolment or Aadhar Card Online Registration, every applicant receives a printed copy of Aadhar in the form of a card through post. Additionally one can anytime download the electronic copy of Aadhar details known as e-Aadhar from Resident portal of the Aadhar website. In India, the prime agency for Aadhar number issuance is the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India). Data in most of the states is collected by UIDAI directly through its enrollment centres. However in some states (listed below) the data is collected by Census Agency ‘National Population Register (NPR)’ and after collection data is forwarded to UIDAI for scrutiny and prevention of duplication.
Steps to apply for Aadhar Card Online:
Do note: For now the UIDAI has stopped the Online Enrolment and Appointments process until any further update. However the process doesn’t change much since one had to visit the nearest enrolment centre in any case for the Biometrics data collection.
For the Aadhar Card Online Registration, there are few things to keep in mind. Simply refer the steps below to get your Aadhar Card Online.
Step 1 – Select your Enrolment Center from UIDAI Portal:
- Click Here and locate the nearest enrollment centre.
Do Note: In NPR States the process of Aadhar Card application is slightly slow as compared to UIDAI states where everything is done in more systematic and time bound manner.
Step 2 – Download the form Online Or get it from the enrolment center:
- Click here to download the Aadhar Card Enrolment Forms.
- In case you do not wish to download the form, then the enrolment centre too will have the enrollment form available. You can collect and fill the same.
- The form will require you to fill-up the details regariding Name, Parentage, Address, Date of Birth etc.
- Be very careful and remember to fill your active mobile number and email ID correctly. It will be very easy to carry out a lot of important Aadhar related updates and corrections (if needed) in the future.
- Carefully fill the form and keep the ID and Address documents ready.
We recommend downloading and filling the form beforehand, to save time at the centre.
Step 3: Visit the Enrolment Centre for Bio-metrics and Form Submission process:
- Once located, visit the enrollment centre with one of the eighteen (PoI) Proof of Identity & one of the thirty three (33) Proof of Address (PoA) documents in original:
- A detailed article on accepted PoI, PoA and PoR can be accessed here.
- A detailed article on accepted PoI, PoA and PoR can be accessed here.
- For more information, you can refer to our detailed article on how to fill Aadhar Card enrolment form here.
- Additionally one can wish to link his/her Bank Account with Aadhar for availing direct benefit of various government subsidies, schemes etc. This is optional and if desired original updated Bank Passbook needs to be carried along. Form can be filled in Hindi or English.
- If Proof of Address is not available which mentions name of the applicant (as in case of minor); Head of the family already enrolled can introduce the member using his existing Aadhar Card. However in such case one of the eight Proof of Relationship (PoR) needs to be carried along with the Aadhar Card of head of the family.
- One should carefully enter his/her Mobile number as it shall be fed into Aadhar system and will be linked with the Aadhar number. Frequent status updates are sent to the mobile phone number linked regarding issuance of Aadhar number/Aadhar Card. Mobile number is also used later for security purposes when one wishes to generate e-Aadhar or make corrections in particulars.
- The process of enrollment also includes biometric scanning like finger scanning, iris scanning and clicking of photograph. An additional monitor will be placed in front of the applicant for him / her to verify whether the details being entered are correct or not.
- The entire process takes maximum ten to fifteen minutes and on successful enrollment, an enrollment slip is given to the applicant mentioning the enrollment number and enrollment date and time.
- This slip should be preserved as it shall be used later to check status of issuance of Aadhar Number, generation of e-Aadhar etc.
Step 4 – Verifying the Aadhar Data:
- Once data is collected it is then subjected to various levels of scrutiny to prevent errors and duplication. The entire process takes around 60- 90 days . However if enrollment is through NPR it could take a bit longer.
- If data is found to be correct and in order, Aadhar number is generated and conveyed through SMS. Also printed Aadhar Card is sent through Speed-post to the residence of the applicant within 3-5 weeks.
- In case of any discrepancies one needs to visit the same centre with enrollment slip within few days to get the data corrected and form re-submitted.
- Once issued one can anytime generate a copy of e-Aadhar which is treated equivalent to Aadhar card from the Resident Portal of Aadhar by accessing uidai.gov.in. You can refer our guide on how to download Aadhar Card online here.
Recommended Read: How to Update your Mobile Number in Aadhar Card – Click Here
However one can apply for Aadhar Card anywhere in India irrespective of his/her state of origin. For example, let’s assume that a person from Madhya Pradesh where data collection is done by NPR can get himself/herself enrolled in Karnataka where data is being collected by UIDAI or NPR or vice versa.
To know How to Apply for Aadhar Card from a Different Location, in detail – click here
States/Union Territories where Aadhar enrollment data is collected directly by UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) through its appointed registrars:
- Andaman and Nicobar
- Andhra Pradesh
- Daman and Diu
- Himachal Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
To know about Aadhar Card Application Form to Apply for Aadhar Card and to Download the same – Click Here
States/ Union Territories where Aadhar enrollment or Aadhar card online registration data is collected directly by Registrar General of India through NPR (National Population Register):
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Tamil Nadu
- West Bengal
Do let us know in the comments if you have any query on how to apply for Aadhar Card in India.