Dear Readers, this article is more specific for people who want to know:
(a) How and from where to download Aadhar Application Form, and
(b) How to fill and submit Aadhar Card Application Form.
If you are looking for information on Aadhar Card Download (also known as e-Aadhar Download), please refer our another step-by-step and accurate guide over here.
Aadhar card is a unique 12 digit number issued to all the citizens of India. Enrollment of Aadhar is voluntary and completely free. Get Aadhar Card Application Forms to apply for an Aadhar Card .Aadhar Card application form are available free of cost for download as well as, at all the enrollment centers and also available online for free download. Same form is to be used for fresh enrollments as well as for corrections in Aadhar Card. Aadhar Card Form is a simple form which can filled in Hindi or English. Here is a simple Guide to Download, Fill and Submit Aadhar Card application form.
Steps to Download Aadhar Card Application Form:
One needs to visit the enrollment counter and ask for a Aadhar form available free of cost. At some of the enrollment centers facility of online enrollment is also available. List of centers with Online Enrollment facility can be found on UIDAI website (uidai.gov.in).
Steps to Download the Aadhar Card Application Form – 2 Steps Guide:
- In order to download Aadhar Card application form one can visit UIDAI and under Downloads, click on the Download button to get Aadhar Card form titled ‘Aadhar ENROLLMENT / CORRECTION FORM’ in PDF format.
- Additionally CLICK HERE to download Aadhar Form directly. Take a printout of this form – it is equally valid at all enrollment centres throughout India.
At all enrollment centers Aadhar Card application form is COMPLETELY free of cost , even the cost of photocopy is borne by the government and all enrollment centers are paid sufficiently for each every copy of the form used by them. The same is also mentioned on top of the Aadhar application Form.
The form for Enrollment/Correction in Aadhar Card is unique throughout India and same form is used in all the Indian states.
Steps to fill Aadhar Card Application Form:
In order to fill up the Aadhar form free from errors one needs to clearly understand the nature of the information being sought in the form. It is better to download the form at home and carry the form completely filled up to avoid any last moment mistakes in haste. You will find the following points useful in filling up the form-
Steps to Fille the Aadhar Card Application Form Correctly:
- Form needs to be filled strictly in Capital Letters only.
- Field no. 1 and 2 are to be entered by applicants from states where enrollment is being done by National Population Registrar. For other states, these two fields are to be left blank. To determine which category of state you belong to, refer the list available over HERE.
- In Field no. 3 applicant needs to write down his/her Full Name with spelling supported by Proof Of Identity. Followed by field no. 4, field no 5 which is of Date of Birth/ Age ; applicant needs to enter one of the data, that is his/her age or exact date as on specified date. Additionally one needs to specify whether the given DoB is either verified or declared . In case of verified DOB, it needs to be supported by Proof of Identity. However for declared values no such proof is required.
CLICK HERE TO CHECK LIST OF DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR AADHAR CARD APPLICATION.
- In Field 6, that is the Address data, attention needs to be given to the point that Pin Code is properly entered along with the matching name of the post office. Also there should be no repetition of values i.e. if State name is Delhi it should only be entered under State field and not in any other fields. Also details entered should be exactly as supported by Proof of Address to avoid any discrepancies and avoidable delays in processing of Aadhar card.
- The mobile number sought in the above field should also be entered carefully as it shall be used by UIDAI for updates on processing of Aadhar Card and generation of e-Aadhar online at a later stage.
- Field 7 asks details from the applicant regarding his/her Father/Mother/Guardian/Spouse. This information is optional for adults, however for minors below 5 years of age, it is mandatory to furnish Name of the Parent/ Guardian with Aadhaar No (if any).
- Field 8 asks for willingness of the applicant for sharing his data with agencies like Petroleum Ministry, Banks, Passport Offices etc. for quick process of their services. One has the option to allow this or not. However, marking this field as yes is strongly recommended for future uses.
- Field 9 is optional and gives the applicant an option of linking his/her existing Bank Account with Aadhar. This can be done by providing Bank account details like Bank Name, Branch Name, IFSC Code and Bank Account Number. Additionally one has the option to allow UIDAI to facilitate opening of an account for the applicant in one of the Post Offices or Banks. Linking of bank accounts is done to facilitate direct transfer of various Government Subsidies directly to applicant’s Bank Account.
- In Field 10 one has to provide details of the proof of identity, proof of address and other documents which the applicant is submitting for the purpose of verification. One needs to identify from the list of documents accepted (given on back side of the application form) and provide details of same in columns specified next to each.
- In case of non-availability of Proof of Address in the name of applicant or in case of minors, application can be made by Introduction from the Head of Family (HoF) or some existing Citizen with Aadhar Card known as Introducer. In such cases all relevant details need to be mentioned in Field 11 clearly stating the Aadhar number of Introducer or HoF and mentioning his/her Aadhar no. In such cases it is also necessary to get the form Signed from Introducer or HoF as the case may be.
- Lastly applicant needs to sign the form after verifying and stating that whatever information he/she has provided in the form is completely correct and unambiguous.
Steps to Submit Aadhar Card Application Form:
- After filling up the form properly by following the above mentioned steps, the only step that needs to be done is to visit the enrollment centre in case of of downloaded form and submit the Aadhar Card application form who shall on the spot conduct biometric scanning (including finger scan, iris scan , photograph) and upload data onto the UIDAI servers.
- Applicant shall once again be asked to verify the details and ensure they match with the ones mentioned in the form.
- Original of all the Proof of Address, Identity, Relation etc. need to be handed over to enrollment officer in original who shall scan them and return them on the spot.
- After all the details have been entered on system, applicant shall be once again asked to verify the details one last time after which the application is submitted.
- A enrollment form submission acknowledgement slip is issued to the applicant, which needs to preserved for future details regarding status of application and generating Aadhar number online.
- If in case applicant wants to make any changes in the data submitted, he or she can do so within 96 hours from submission of the form at enrollment centre by visiting the same enrollment centre again and submitting the same form with enrollment ID issued earlier clearly mentioned on top of the form. All necessary changes sought need to be entered in the form and all relevant Proofs also need to be furnished.
- Once Aadhar number is issued, printed Aadhar Card reaches the residence of the Applicant within 3 – 4 weeks post Aadhar Number allotment. Additionally one can download copy of Aadhar online. Steps on How to Download Aadhar Online can be accessed HERE.
For further information, we suggest you to read our articles on:
- To know more about Aadhar Card and how to get Aadhar Card, CLICK HERE
- To know about How to Get Aadhar Card Form Online, CLICK HERE
Do let us in the comments below if you have any queries or concerns regarding the downloading, filling or submitting Aadhar Card application form.