A common question among all Aadhar Card holders is regarding Aadhar Card update possible? Is it possible to make changes or corrections in the existing Aadhar Card. Answer to this common query is ‘YES’ – Aadhar Card update is definitely possible and it can be done online too; right from the comfort of one’s computer screen from home. As of March 2015, only following type of changes are being allowed by UIDAI in Aadhar Card for existing Aadhar holders:
Is Aadhar Card Update Possible? How to do it?
- Mobile Phone Number
- Date of Birth
In order to make changes online in Aadhar, one is required to have access to his or her existing mobile number already registered with UIDAI at the time of enrollment for Aadhar. A One Time Password (OTP) shall be sent to the said mobile phone number for verification purposes. Also one needs to furnish satisfactory self-signed (also known as self-attested) scans of documentary proof(s) for each and every change requested online using the portal. Full description on List of documents accepted as proof(s) for Aadhar can be accessed HERE.
Procedure to rectify / do Aadhar Card update online
- In order to request changes in existing Aadhar Card one needs to have his/her Aadhar number ready and also have the existing registered Mobile phone number ready for OTP verification.
- Citizens need to visit the Aadhar Self Service Update Portal at https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/update to access the portal specially designed for the purpose of making changes/correction in existing Aadhar Card. You can refer to the below given screenshot for further reference.
- Once on the portal, enter your 12 digit Aadhar number in the given box and click on SEND OTP after entering Text Verification details in the designated box.
- OTP shall be sent to the registered mobile number within few minutes and the same needs to be entered on the webpage already open on screen. Click on the Login button appearing at bottom of the page to proceed to next step.
- On the Data Update Request page one needs to select the changes he or she wishes to makes by marking the small boxes next to each field.
- After making the desired selection (more than one change can be requested at a time) one may proceed to next step by clicking on the submit button at the bottom of the page.
- Portal will now ask the applicant details about the changes desired – for example, Address , Name spelling, Mobile number etc. On correctly entering all the details one can proceed to next step by Clicking on ‘Submit Update Request’ button.
- On the next page, all the changes sought shall be displayed on screen once again for verification by the applicant. If any correction are to be made, same could be done by selecting the ‘Modify‘ option. To proceed to next step click on Proceed button.
- Portal will now ask the applicant to upload self signed clearly readable scans of documents relevant with the changes requested. One needs to pay attention to upload all documents in support of the changes. Also self signing (attestation) is mandatory, otherwise most likely the request will be outrightly rejected. Documents can be uploaded either in PDF, MICROSOFT WORD or IMAGE (png, jpg, bmp, gif, etc.) format
- After uploading the documents, one needs to proceed to the next and final step by clicking the ‘Submit‘ button. In the last step, one needs to make selection from a list of data processing agencies (BPO’s) designated by UIDAI for the purpose of processing of data. One can select the agency with best track record indicated next to their name with a performance chart for early update and response on the modification request.
- On successfully submitting the request a Uniform Request Number (URN) shall be generated on screen and also intimated to the Aadhar Card holder through SMS. One can use this URN along with 12 digit Aadhar Number to check the status of the request for changes in Aadhar Card by opening the webpage https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/check-status
- If for any reason one is unable to request changes online same can also be done in offline mode by sending the desired changes in proper format on an Application Form duly attached with all relevant documents. The Application form can be downloaded from http://uidai.gov.in/images/application_form_11102012.pdf
- The form can be sent to one of the following addresses:
- UIDAI , Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
- UIDAI, Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India
Do let us know in the comments if you have any query on possibility of Aadhar Card update and can it be done.