Gone are the days when getting a Passport involved months of waiting for slots to open up, and bearing the brunt of corrupt officers during verification. Now the things have become easier. If you possess an Aadhar card, here is some good news for you. If you have an Aadhar card, you can now get your passport in 10 days, getting rid of all the tardy and time- consuming processes.
How to get your Passport in 10 days if you have an Aadhar Card?
The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has now decided to rely on Aadhaar card for the applicant’s recognition and on the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) database for checking his criminal history (if any) to hasten the Passport issuing process.
Let us know how the new process is done:
- The new process is done by checking the citizen’s self-declaration in various aspects like Citizenship, Criminal proceedings, Criminal antecedents, Summons/Warrants etc.
- If such records state the veracity of the Citizen’s claims, the Government will issue fresh Passports. But the applicant has to get the police verification done later. This is also done in case of Tatkaal seva, too.
- This simplified verification system comes in the wake of several complaints on the passport issuing system which is traditionally regarded as a slow and tough process. Passport issuance is a matter that used involve much time delays. This system seeks to address that issue.
- In the new format, the applicant can apply online. He or she needs only to attach the Aadhaar card as the sole address and identity proof.
- The applicant will get the appointment within three days. In another seven days, the passport will be dispatched. Very fast, isn’t it?
According to the new propositions devised by the MEA, the Home and Law Ministries and the Intelligence Bureau, the Government, on the directions of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has made Aadhaar card a mandatory requirement for issuance of passports. The MEA coordinated with UIDAI to implement this. Even if the applicant does not possess an Aadhaar card, his/her Aadhaar enrolment number would provide him with the passport. Because the person who has applied for an Aadhar card will have his identity verified in advance.
Verification by Police Officer
Regarding the verification of Criminal records and antecedents, the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) has put a unique system in place. This system will help them to check the veracity of the applicant’s records based on the database contained with them.
- Now, with the new system and scheme in place, Passports are issued within a week of receipt of police verification reports.
- The applicant will now be given the address of the police station that verifies his statements at the time of issuing the passport.This will help him/her actively pursue and complete the process of verification before one travels abroad.
- Any wrong declaration by the applicant about his records, or his absence during the verification, or absconding the verification process would result in impounding or revocation of passport.
This new system is a great example of how things are coming into place if there is a dedicated leadership, and the effective application of technology will make things definitely easier.
For official website regarding Passport, click here.