Aadhar project being implemented throughout the country aims to prepare a database of all citizens with each individual being allotted a unique ID after due verification. As per recent data released by UIDAI more than 70 crore Aadhar Card have already been issued. Importance of Aadhar can be realized from the fact thar Aadhar is now being accepted as a valid Proof of Identity and Proof of Address at most of the Government and Private institutions in India. Additionally, if one links his or her Aadhar Card to bank account, one can directly receive the LPG subsidy in the linked bank account. The recent announcement by Election Commission of India regarding linking of Aadhar with Voter ID card has further led to the importance of Aadhar project as this shall make India the only democracy in world with full bio metrics of Voters in it electoral roll. A detailed Article on this can be accessed HERE. (http://www.aadharcardkendra.org.in/linking-aadhar-card-voter-id-card-news-213/)
How to get Online Aadhar Card?
Owing to the reason that a large number of Aadhar Card’s have already been issued, the need for easy generation and access to Aadhar was felt. Also with enormous increase in Aadhar data it became almost difficult to re issue Aadhar in case of loss or damage to existing cards. A Resident Portal was thus launched which aimed to help citizens to generate electronic copy of Aadhar or e-Aadhar using basic details like Aadhar ID , phone number etc. This has greatly helped in solving problem of issuance of duplicate Aadhar Card which otherwise would have been cumbersome and frustrating.
The online generated Aadhar copy or e-Aadhar is equally valid as the printed card received through post from UIDAI after enrollment. The Government has time and again issued guidelines for acceptance of e-Aadhar as a valid and legitimate copy equivalent to the one sent by UIDAI through post. Copy of one such order can be accessed here :- (Click to enlarge)
- In order to get Aadhar card online one needs to visit the Resident Portal of Aadhar at the URL – https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in (Screen Shot below)
- At the portal one can easily follow the self explanatory steps and after selecting the mode of generation ie Using Aadhar No or Using Enrollment Id one is required to enter details like Aadhar No , Pin Code or Enrollment ID, Enrollment Date & Time.
- A one time password (OTP) is always sent to the registered mobile number to verify the ownership of Aadhar so that only the designated individual can download the Aadhar issued in his or her favor.
- A PDF file shall be generated of the Aadhar Card, this is known as e-Aadhar and is a digitally signed and verified copy of Aadhar. The file is password protected and to open the file one needs to enter the Pin Code registered with UIDAI as password.
- E-Aadhar also consists of the printed Aadhar Card sent by UIDAI through post. Same can be used to print a fresh copy of Aadhar and can be further laminated for added protection from wear and tear.
Thus, with the start of e-Aadhar portal- access/downloading or re-issue of Aadhar has become very easy and simple. One can access verified copy of his or her Aadhar within minutes from anywhere. This has further led to popularization of Aadhar as ‘Citizen Friendly’ and hassle free document that can be used anytime and can be accessed easily from any part of country or world.
It is to be clarified that in spite of entire Aadhar data being available online, data of each individual is fully confidential and not shared with anybody without the consent of the resident. Those who want to know more information about Aadhar card and its utilities can go through other articles on our portal dedicated to strengthening knowledge about Aadhar Card among people of India.
If you are yet to apply for Aadhar Card, we recommend you to read the following two articles:
- Detailed information on how to apply for Aadhar Card available over here.
- Step-by-step guide (with visuals) on how to download, fill and submit Aadhar Card application is available over here.
For any queries on how to get online aadhar card, feel free to use the comment box below. We are here to help.