Udyog Aadhar has been launched to make registration process easier for the small business sector. The Udyog Aadhar form comes as a replacement for the earlier Entrepreneur Memorandum I & II which involves a lot of paperwork. The registration is free of cost and helps the Micro, Small and Medium enterprises to avail the benefits of Government schemes like easy loan, subsidies etc.
This article gives you a step-by-step guide to get the Udyog Aadhar form and fill the same.
Getting the the Udyog Aadhar form:
The Udyog Aadhar form is available online and can be downloaded for registering your enterprise. Please find below a screenshot of the Udyog Aadhar form.
Filling the Udyog Aadhar Form:
The following are the guidelines for filing the online Udyog Aadhar Form:
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhar number in the appropriate field.
- Enter the Name of the business owner. The name must be filled exactly as appearing on his/her Aadhar Card. If there is a mismatch, you will not be able to proceed further.
- Click “Validate Aadhaar” button to generate a verification for your Aadhar data. You will be able to move to the next step only after doing this action. However, if you wish to reset either your Aadhar number or your Name or both, you can do so by clicking the “Reset” button.
- Select the Social Category from the list of available options (General, Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Castes (OBC). You may be asked for a proof of belonging to SC, ST or OBC by appropriate authority, if and when required.
- Enter the name of the Enterprise which is known to the customers/public and is a legal entity to conduct business. If you have more than one enterprise, then each one can be registered for a separate Udyog Aadhaar with the same Aadhaar Number as Enterprise 1 and Enterprise 2 etc.
- Select the type of your organization from the given list. Your enterprise must be authorized by the legal entity to fill this online form. Each enterprise shall be issued with only one Udyog Aadhar number.
- Fill in the complete postal address of your Enterprise including State, District, Pin code, Mobile No and Email.
- Enter the date on which the business entity commenced its operations.
- If your Enterprise is already issued a valid EM I/II by the concerned GM (DIC) as per the MSMED Act 2006 or the SSI registration prevailing prior to the said Act, then enter the number in the appropriate field.
- Enter the bank account number used for running the Enterprise and the IFS code in the space provided. (You can find the IFS code in the Cheque books issued by the bank or from website of the respective Bank)
- Select the major activity of the Enterprise for Udyog Aadhar which is either “Manufacturing” or “Service”.
- Choose the appropriate NIC (National Industrial Classification-2008) code for the selected Major activity. The Central Statistical Organization (CSO, Ministry of Statistics and Program implementation, Government of India) is in charge of the NIC Codes.
- Enter the number of people working in your Enterprise. This is the total number of people who are directly been paid salary/ wages by the enterprise.
- Enter the amount invested in Plant & Machinery / Equipment in the space provided. When you are calculating the total amount, exclude the cost of pollution control, research and development, industrial safety devices, and such other items as may be specified, by notification of RBI. The original investment i.e. purchase value of items alone must be taken into account.
- Example: If an enterprise started with a set of plant and machinery purchased in 2008 worth Rs. 70.00 lakh has procured additional plant and machinery in the year 2013 worth Rs. 65.00 lakh, then the total investment in Plant & Machinery may be treated as Rs. 135.00 lakh.
- Choose the District Industry Centre, based on the location of the enterprise. This field will be active and show option only when there are more than one DIC in the district. In fact, if there is only one DIC in the district system will automatically register you in the same DIC.
- Once you enter all the information correctly, click “Submit” button. Once this is done, an acknowledgment number will be generated.
Please click here to know more about how to get Udyog Aadhar number.
We hope this article helps you in filling the Udyog Aadhar form correctly. Please check the website for many such useful resources.