Being a citizen of India, having an Aadhar card is essential (it is not mandatory). Having an Aadhar card is beneficial in many ways, its helps one to have a unique identity universally, can be used as an identity proof while applying for passport or other such documents. So, if you haven’t already had your Aadhar card made, make sure you get it soon. Here is the complete guide to all the online steps you would need to know to apply for and get Aadhar card online.
Check out the Benefits and Why you MUST Get Aadhar Card – Click Here
Step1: Get an Appointment to get Aadhar Card Online:
Before you get started you need to keep in mind, that the entire process to apply for Aadhar card is not completely online.
Here we discuss and give you a guide how to get Aadhar card online (the online process for the appointment, status check, download and print, the biometric information will be collected which would need your physical presence at the allotted center). Now, if you are wondering how to get an appointment for your Aadhar card, online; follow the simple steps given below:
- First of all visit the official webpage. Click on the link given here : https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/
- Once you are on the page you would find an application form. In the first section fill in your name, e-mail address, mobile number and the number of people. (It should be noted that in a single appointment, only 4 persons can be selected.)
- In the next section fill in your state, district and locality. After that choose an enrollment center from the drop down menu.
- Once you have chosen your enrollment center, click on the check availability option to find out the suitable time.
- Move to the next section and fill in your convenient time and date for the appointment. (after you are done filling this, the available slots will be shown, in case the available slot is zero, you would have to reschedule)
- After you have finished filing in all the details, click on the “fix appointment” option.
- After you have clicked on the fix appointment option, a new page gets opened, showing all the details of your appointment. It shows your token number (which is very important).
It is advised that you take a print out of this page, and follow the date and time mentioned there. Once you go to the allotted center, fill in the application form and follow up as directed by the officials.
Step 2: Check your Aadhar Card Status Online:
Before you get your Aadhar card online, you will need to check the status. To know how to check the status of your Aadhar card online, follow these simple steps:
To check one’s Aadhar card status online, one would need to know one’s Enrollment Id also known as EID. You would find the EID on the acknowledgment slip which you received at the time of enrollment for your Aadhar card. If you have misplaced or lost the slip, are not in a position to have an easy access to it, you need not worry. Your EID can also be found online:
- To find your EID online, you would be needed to visit the UIDAI website http://resident.uidai.net.in/find-uid-eid
- Once the page loads, you will have to fill in your full name (as provided at the time of enrollment).
- Enter your email address or mobile number in the next space.
- Next you would be required to fill in the security code (captcha), displayed as an image, in the space for it. Having done this, click on the ‘get OTP’ option to receive the one-time password. It will be sent to you on your email or mobile phone.
- Received your OTP? Move to the step 2 part on the same page, enter the OTP and click the ‘verify’ button.
- After the final step, you would receive your enrollment id as an SMS, provided you had completed all the steps.
- Now that you have your enrollment id, it would be a lot easier to check your Aadhar UID card status online.
Having your Enrollment ID makes your search for your ‘Aadhar’ UID card status much easier.
- To check your Aadhar card status, you would firstly be needed to visit the website : https://resident.uidai.net.in/web/resident/check-aadhaar-status
- Then enter the EID number, you have just retrieved, in the space provided for the same.
- Enter the date and time of your enrollment for ‘Aadhar’ card, this would also have been mentioned the SMS received by you.
- After filling in both the details correctly, fill in the security code or captcha, shown as an image.
Once done, hit the ‘check status’ option. After all the details have been verified, you would receive an acknowledgement and you would see your Aadhar UID card status.
Step 3: Download your Aadhar Card and Print it:
You must be wondering how to download your Aadhar card online, print it and have it ready? You can get Aadhar card online with Aadhar number. To Get your Aadhar card online by name and pin code:
- Firstly visit the website : https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- Choose the “I have Aadhar” option.
- To get Aadhar card online with your Aadhar number, enter your Aadhar number/ unique identification number.
- Enter your full name and the pin code of your locality in the respective spaces to get Aadhar card online by name.
- You will be required to enter the text as shown in the image of the page in a space provided for it.
- Once done, request for the One Time Password has to be sent by clicking the on the ‘Get one Time Password’ option.
- You would be sent the OTP as a text message on your phone.
- Next enter the OTP in the space provide which says ‘enter OTP’
- And finally get it downloaded by clicking on the ‘validate and download’
Your Aadhar card will now get downloaded as a PDF file. The password to open that PDF file is nothing but the area pin code you had submitted during registering for ‘Aadhar’ card. Once you have downloaded your card, what next, just print it and there you go, you have your Aadhar card in your hands.
How to Print your Aadhar Card?
Got problems printing the PDF file? Don’t worry:
- Just open the PDF file, click on the “file” option visible on the top left corner
- Click the “print” option.
- A dialogue box with various options appears, set them according to your convenience and print.
You are done, task accomplished, just look at your printer, maybe it has even finished printing the document. so this is how you can get Aadhar card online.