Aadhar is a 12 digit number which is unique for every citizen who enrolls or applies to get Aadhar number. The regulatory body for Aadhar is the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
To know how to apply for and get Aadhar number, click on this link if you do not have an Aadhar.
If you have already applied and want to check the status to get Aadhar online, follow the instructions by clicking here.
Requirement to get Aadhar correction online:
Having a registered mobile number is mandatory to get Aadhar card correction update through the online portal.
- If you have registered your mobile number with Aadhar, enter your Aadhar Number to get an One Time Pin (OTP) on your registered mobile.
- If you have not registered your mobile with Aadhar or if you have lost/do not possess that particular mobile number anymore, you can either visit the nearest Update Centre or you can send your Update request through Post.
Types of Aadhar correction
- Name Correction/Update
- Date of Birth Correction
- Address Corrections/Change
- Email ID, Mobile and Gender Change
Easy way to get Aadhar correction online
- Click here on this link to go to the online SSUP Aadhar Card correction webpage.
- The first step you have to take is to enter your Aadhar number.
- Once you enter the correct Aadhar ID number, you will receive a One Time Pin on the registered mobile number.
- In the next step, you have to make a selection to get Aadhar Card correction type that you want. So, select the Aadhar details that you want to update.
Fill all the fields in English or in the local language and fill only the current details in the form.
Write your full name without any kind of salutations/titles.
Fill in your date of birth in DD/MM/YYYY format. In case your verified date of birth is incorrect in the Aadhar card, you can get Aadhar card corrected once.
Write your complete address. The Aadhar card letter with updates will be sent to the given address.
To include your guardian/ parent/spouse name as part of your address, select the correct box in C/O details and write the name of the person in the field.
You must be available at the mobile number given in the application for any clarification necessary. The status of your application will be sent by an sms to your mobile number to get Aadhar card with right details.
Always cross check if the details given by you are correct and complete.
- Next, you will have to upload the correct documents to get Aadhar card correction done online.
You do not have to submit all of the proofed documents. You only have to submit those documents which are required to support the correction to get Aadhar card.
Aadhar letter with updates will be delivered at the given address only in case of Update/Correction in Name, Address, Date of Birth and Gender. For Update of Mobile number and Email ID, the notification will be sent on the given mobile number as well as Email ID.
Once you’ve uploaded the documents, the next step would ask you to choose your BPO Service provided. Select the appropriate option.
- Click on the button that has ‘Submit’ written.
To get Aadhar card correction, an Update Request Number called the URN would be generated online for your application.
You must note down this URN number correctly. You can use it later when you want to check the status to get Aadhar Card update.
You can find out how to check the status of your application to get Aadhar by clicking here.