Have you lost your Aadhar card? Or is your Aadhar card in a grubby state? You need not worry now as you also have an option of getting an E Aadhar card download which would be as valid as the original one! You can get your E Aadhar card download online by a few simple steps. Read further to know more!
Getting your E Aadhar Card Download: Get your Aadhar Number Online
It is possible that if you have lost your Aadhar card, your Aadhar number is also not with you. If that is the case then you must first get your Aadhar number online by following the steps below:
- Visit the website https://resident.uidai.net.in/find-uid-eid , this is the website which you have to visit in case you want to retrieve your Aadhar number or enrollment ID.
- Fill in your full name along with your E mail ID or mobile number. Make sure that the mobile number you enter is the same number which was registered when you got your Aadhar card, in other words the same number that you had entered while applying for your Aadhar card the first time.
- After you have filled in all the columns, click on get OTP (OTP refers to One Time Password). You will soon receive an SMS which will have your One Time Password on the mobile number that you entered in the given column. This One time password will be valid for the time duration of 5 minutes.
- Enter the OTP in the column below and click on “Verify OTP”
- If you have successfully completed the process, your screen will display the message “Congratulations! Aadhar number (UID) has been sent to your mobile.”
Once this is done, you will soon get a text message on your mobile which will have your Aadhar number.
Getting Your E Aadhar Card Download
Once you have your Aadhar card number, getting your E adhar card download is a piece of cake, have a look at the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website which is https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ .
- As soon as you click go after entering the above URL, a form will appear in front of you.
- Enter your Aadhar number (the number you just received via SMS after completing the earlier process) along with the other personal details asked in the form.
- After filling the form with the registered mobile number, click on get OTP.
- You can get OTP on your mobile number or your E mail ID according to your preference.
- Once your OTP is with you, enter the OTP in the column and click on “Validate and Download”
Your Aadhar card will be automatically downloaded in a PDF file format, that file will be locked and the password to open the PDF file with your E Aadhar card download is the pin code number that you must have given at the time of getting registered for the Aadhar.
You are supposed to now take a printout of the Aadhar card and keep it in a safe place for future use. We suggest you take it on a Photo paper or laminate the same to make it durable.