Here is Quick Step-by-step Summary of the eAadhar Card Download Process from UIDAI Resident Portal:
- Visit the Official Website eAadhar by UIDAI by clicking here.
- Select the Enrolment ID Option if you have it OR Select the Aadhar Number Option if you have that.
- Fill in your Full Name, Mobile Number and Other Details alongwith the Captcha or the Random Text seen and Click Get OTP
- You will receive an SMS with the OTP on your Mobile – Enter the OTP
- Click Validate and Download
That’s it – You have Successfully downloaded your eAadhar Card
To get the Detailed Process on e-Aadhar Card Download and find your Aadhar Number or EID in case it is missing:
You all might be thinking what is the difference between the Aadhar card and e-Aadhar card. So, let us first tell you a bit about e-Aadhar card. If you haven’t received your Aadhar card, you can download the electronic version of your Aadhar card, which is called as e-Aadhar. eAadhar is as valid as the original Aadhar letter (also known as Aadhar Card by many) and can be downloaded from eAadhar.in by following a simple procedure and submitting your Aadhar or the Enrolment ID.
But First you need to some important things about eAadhar card:
e-Aadhar Card – Important information you need to know before you proceed with eAadhar download:
- At first, you would require your Enrollment number and Date and Time of enrolment of your Aadhar application.
- The name as it appears on your Aadhar card
- Pin code
- Mobile number
What is Enrolment ID and where would you get the Enrolment number and Date and Time of Enrolment?
Enrolment ID is the Enrolment slip given to you at the time of Enrollment at the Enrollment center. Sometimes people tend to lose or misplace their Enrolment slip. There is nothing to worry about if you do not remember your EID – one just needs to follow some simple steps as mentioned below.
Recommended Read: How to Use the EAadhar Portal Correctly – Click Here
You may also want to read: Easiest way for UID Card Download – As easy as 1,2,3,4 – Click Here
Steps to get UID/EID number for e-Aadhar Card:
- First, go to online UIDAI resident portal and will get a link Find UID/EID or Click here.
- Select your lost option Aadhar no. or Enrolment no.
- Fill up the fields resident name, email or mobile number, enter the security code and at last click the GET THE OTP (One Time Password) option.
- Once you receive the OTP, enter the OTP number and get verified the OTP.
- After OTP is verified, one will get the details via email or SMS.
If you are not sure whether your Aadhar Card has been issued or at what stage if the application process it is at, you can visit our quick and verified guide on how to check Aadhar Card status.
Now, it is time to Download e-Aadhar card from UIDAI Resident Portal:
Now let’s see the procedure to download e-Aadhar card from UIDAI resident portal. The processes are as follows:
- Visit official website of UIDAI resident portal or Click here
- Ensure that you have all the above mentioned information handy.
- After visiting the official page, you can see the link ‘GET AADHAR’, click on that option.
- It will redirect to you a page where you can find three option stating ‘GET E-AADHAR’, ‘GET AADHAR ON MOBILE’ and at last ‘CHECK AADHAR STATUS’. One need to click on the ‘GET E-AADHAR’ option.
- You’ll be redirect to a page where you have to enter the details along with your full name, pin code, captcha code and your mobile number in the respective fields. Make sure that the mobile number is same with the Enrolment slip.
- Next, click on the ‘GET ONE TIME PASSWORD’, after which you will receive an OTP on the mobile number you provided.
- Enter the OTP number that you have received and click on the validate & download. And you will be redirect to your E-Aadhar Letter in PDF format. To open the PDF file you will require your Postal code which will be used as your password and you can download the e-Aadhar card.
- You need to have Adobe Reader to view your e-Aadhar card (if you do not have it installed on your computer, visit this link to download Adobe Reader for e-Aadhar – https://get.adobe.com/reader/ ).
- In case you are aware of your Aadhar number then just click on the radio button Aadhar. There you need to enter the Aadhar Number along with your full name, Pin Code and captcha code and click the OPT button to successfully complete the verification process same as the above procedure.
To complete the e-Aadhar card procedure successfully you first need to know whether your Aadhar card is approved or not. If you are not sure than just click on ‘CHECK AADHAR STATUS’ to know your status.
e-Aadhar Card is equivalent and valid like original Aadhar card, therefore applicants may take out the printout and can use it for any purpose which will serve as their ID and address proof. One can also take out as many print outs they want but you must have all the details handy with you. By following these easy steps you can successfully complete the procedure and can get your e-Aadhar card from UIDAI Resident Portal.
Do let us know if you have any queries about downloading eAadhar.