Aadhar Card is an effective Proof of Identity and Proof of Address accepted for all services across India. It can easily be downloaded online using the Resident Portal of Aadhar. A detailed process on how to download Aadhar Card online is explained below.
How to Download Aadhar Card online?
First of all ensure that the your Aadhar number has been approved and granted by UIDAI. If not sure, it can be confirmed by checking the status of the Aadhar Card online using the Enrollment Acknowledgement Number written on the Acknowledgement slip received at the Enrollment Centre. You can check your Aadhar Card status here.
Also in order to open the online version of Aadhar Card Adobe Reader needs to be installed, which can be downloaded free of cost by searching on Google or from here.
The URL for downloading Aadhar Card online Can be accessed by CLICKING HERE
Information necessary to download Aadhar Card online is:
- Enrollment ID or Aadhar No.
- Full name (same as on Enrollment slip)
- Mobile number (as on Enrollment slip)
For maintaining the security of Aadhar information, a One Time Password (OTP) will be generated and sent to the Registered Mobile Number, which needs to be entered on the screen to download the Aadhar in PDF format. In order to open the PDF file, Pin Code as registered with Aadhar needs to be entered to open the file.
Online generated copy of Aadhar is equally valid as Aadhar Card received through post. This has been notified by the Government of India through various notices issued.
Also if by chance one loses the printed copy of Aadhar Received through post, one can easily generate a copy of Aadhar online and get it printed. This shall be again be deemed as good as the earlier one.
In case of Signature Error in online generated Aadhar copy, following steps need to be followed:
(Computer must be connected to internet while validating digital signature)
Right click on the ‘validity unknown’ icon and click on ‘Validate Signature’.
- You will get the signature validation status window, click on ‘Signature Properties’.
- Click on ‘Show Certificate..’
- Verify that there is a certification path named ‘NIC sub-CA for NIC 2011, National Informatics Center’. This identifies ‘NIC sub-CA for NIC 2011, National Informatics Center’ as the owner of the digital certificate that has been used when signing the document.
- Mark the certification path named ‘NIC sub-CA for NIC 2011, National Informatics Center’, click the ‘Trust’ tab and then ‘Add to Trusted Identities’.
- Answer ‘OK’ to any security question that follows.
- Check (✓) the field for ‘Use this certificate as a trusted root’ and click ‘OK’ twice to close this and the next window.
- Click ‘Validate Signature’ to execute the validation.
Note: – Once ‘NIC sub-CA for NIC 2011, National Informatics Center’ has been as a Trusted Identity, any subsequent documents with digital signatures from CCA will be validated automatically when opened.
If you are yet to apply for Aadhar Card, we recommend you to read the following two articles:
- Detailed information on how to apply for Aadhar Card available over here.
- Step-by-step guide (with visuals) on how to download, fill and submit Aadhar Card application is available over here.
For any queries on how to download Aadhar Card, feel free to use the comment box below. We are here to help.