The Aadhar is a unique identification number that consists of 12 digits. This unique identification number is issued to every resident of India by the government. The Aadhar identification cards are managed by a separate body functioning under the Planning Commission of India known as The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
UIDAI is the ONLY Authority which has the rights to make changes, updates, provide Aadhar related services etc. No other website or person can do that. Please note this and stay safe and do not share your Aadhar Data with anyone or on any website.
The Aadhar card acts as a proof of identity and address along with solving various other purposes. Day by day the importance of the Aadhar is gaining momentum and hence, every Indian citizen must get an Aadhar card.
Click the links below to go to the relevant sections to get answers to Aadhar Card Download / Print related doubts and queries:
How to Download Aadhar Card Online [Get eAadhar Card Download]:
You will need the following in order to download the Aadhar Card online or the eAadhar:
- A registered Mobile number (compulsory) – click here know How to Add Mobile Number to Aadhar
- Enrolment ID or Aadhar Number (anyone of the two) – click here to Know How to Find EID or Aadhar Number (UID)
If you have the enrolment ID/ Aadhar Number and registered mobile number, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Visit the eAadhar portal by UIDAI:
- Visit https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ which is the official UIDAI portal for downloading the online Aadhar card.
2. Select the Choice of Option to Fill the Download Form:
- Once you visit the eAadhar link shard above, a form will be in front of you.
- Select the I have option for Enrolment ID or Aadhar – depending on the number you have.
- Proceed to fill the rest of the details – Full name, Pin Code, Captcha or Verification Text, Mobile No.
- Click Get OTP
- Once you have the OTP on your registered mobile number – Enter the same and click Validate and Download to download the eAadhar Card.
3. Open the Downloaded Aadhar Card PDF with Password:
- As soon as you click on Validate and Download, a popup window will ask you to save the online Aadhar card.
- After downloading the PDF document, open it by entering the password. The password will be the Pin code of your address.
That is all, as soon as you enter the password your electronic Aadhar card will be in front of you, ready to be printed and used.
What to do in case of Aadhar Lost or Damaged?
There is no need to panic if you have damaged or lost your Aadhar.
In case of Aadhar Card lost or damaged, an electronic copy of the Aadhar needs to be downloaded. This electronic version of the Aadhar, also known as eAadhar can be used in place of the original Aadhar card.
The eCopy of Aadhar Card or the eAadhar or Aadhar PDF (whatever you prefer to call it) is a PERFECTLY VALID AADHAR CARD. The Government has made eAadhar a Valid proof of ID and Address just like the physical/original Aadhar.
To know how to download your e- Aadhar card in more details, just refer to the procedure above by clicking here.
If you do not wish to download the eCopy or the eAadhar card, then you can visit the nearest enrolment centre for the same.
Click Here to find the nearest enrolment centre.
What to do if Aadhar Card Applied but not Received?
It normally takes a period of 90 days for the Aadhar card to reach your doorstep after you’ve applied for it successfully.
- This period of 90 days is taken to carry out certain processes such as authentication of data, processing of information provided and so on.
- Hence, if it has not been more than 90 days since you have applied for the Aadhar, there is no need to panic.
You can still check the status of your Aadhar card by following the steps mentioned below:
- For this process you will require the enrolment ID – which you would have received at the time of enrolment.
- To find the EID, click here.
Online Steps to Check Aadhar Card Status:
1. Visit the Resident UIDAI portal:
- Click here to visit the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) portal to check status of the Aadhar card in case of Aadhar card not received.
2. Click on Check Aadhar Status Option:
- Once you visit the above mentioned link, a webpage displaying a number of options available will be in front of you. From the options available, click on the “Check Aadhar Status” option.
3. Enter the Details:
- As soon as you click on the option, a form will be displayed. Fill out this form which will ask for your enrolment ID along with the time and date of the application.
- Enter the details asked and once you are sure all the details have been entered correctly, click on “Check Status”.
- Once all the details are verified, you will receive an acknowledgement and your Aadhar status will be displayed on screen.
- In case you do not receive the acknowledgement or the Aadhar status isn’t displayed, check all the details entered and try again.
Offline Method for Aadhar Card Status Check:
For those who do not possess a computer/laptop with internet connection, the UIDAI has enabled this service of checking Aadhar Card status using your Registered Mobile Number.
- UID STATUS <Your 14 digit enrollment number>
- This SMS has to be sent on the number 51969.
Once you do that, you will receive the Aadhar Card status on your mobile.
If the status is ‘In Process or Dispatched’ – you can try downloading the eCopy of Aadhar Card by visiting the eAadhaar.UIDAI.gov.in website.
To download the Aadhar Card online, follow the procedure mentioned here.
What is the Password to Open Aadhar?
If you have downloaded an electronic version of your Aadhar, you might be asked for a password to open the document.
- The Aadhar card PDF password must be entered in this case.
- To open your eAadhar card, the Aadhar card PDF password is the pin code of the area you live in.
- For Example: The aadhar card PDF password for someone living in Delhi, Rohini, Sector 13 will be – 110085.
Hence, to open the PDF file, you need to just enter the Pin Code of the area you live in.
How to Get Aadhar Card Print?
You can print your online Aadhar card by downloading the eAadhar from the the eAadhar – UIDAI portal.
Here are quick steps to get the eAadhar Card download for getting Aadhar Card Print:
- Visit eAadhaar.UIDAI.gov.in portal
- Select the I Have – Aadhar Number OR Enrolment ID (whichever you have)
- Enter the Details in the form alongwith the Captcha Text shown on the same page
- Click generate the OTP
- Once you receive the OTP on your registered mobile number click Validate and Download
- That’s it – you will now get the Downloaded copy of eAadhar in PDF file.
- Open the PDF file by using your Pin Code as Password.
For more detailed steps to downloading the eAadhar Card, refer to the process above by clicking here.
Do remember that you will need a PDF reader to open the eAadhar Card for Aadhar card print. You can download the PDF reader from here.
Once you have opened the PDF file of Aadhar Card, simply hit Ctrl+P key on the keyboard to print the eAadhar Card and complete the Aadhar Print process.
If you need more details on Aadhar Card print, refer here.
You can take the print-out on a simple paper or photopaper. It is perfectly valid proof of ID and Address.
Hope we helped you in downloading Aadhar and that your queries relating to the Aadhar are solved.
Have a nice day!