Aadhar is a 12 Digit Unique Identification Number issued by UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) after due scrutiny of background Data and Scanning of the Bio-metric of Individuals. Aadhar Card is is not a proof of citizenship but can serve as an effective proof of Individual Identity and Address proof to avail various benefits and facilities in schemes like Direct Benefit Transfer of Government Subsidies, Domestic Gas, Ration, etc. or for Passport Applications, Opening of Bank Account etc. Once you are done with the process for getting Aadhar Card, you will get it by post. But at times when you have lost your Aadhar Card, you need not apply for it again. You can simply get it online. All you need to do is to download an Aadhar Card Online.
Click here for applying a new Aadhar Card in simple steps.
If you lost your Aadhar Card or it is disfigured or teared somehow, get it online. In this article you will know how to get Aadhar Card Online.
How To Get Aadhar Card Online In Simple Steps?
Getting Aadhar Card Online is very Simple. But you must know your Aadhar Number or Aadhar Enrollment number which were present on the Aadhar Card. If you know any of them, click this link and continue reading how to fill the form in the page (find below the screenshot of the form and continue reading from there). If you lost both the numbers, don’t worry you can retrieve them anytime. Click here to navigate to the link to know your lost Aadhar number or Enrollment number, and follow as below.
- Enter your full name as mentioned in the application
- Enter the registered Email ID as in your application
- In case you don’t know the registered email ID then enter the registered Mobile Number
- After filling the above, click on Get OTP
- Enter the OTP which you got to your Mobile or Email
- Click on Verify OTP
Your Aadhar number or Enrollment number will be sent to your Mail ID or Mobile whichever you entered. A confirmation page will be displayed as shown below.
- Then click on the Download e-Aadhaar link as shown in the above confirmation Page.
- You will be redirected to a new page through which you can get your Aadhar Card Online.
- As soon as the page loads, Enter the details in the respective fields.
- Enter the Enrollment Number or Aadhar Number
- Enter Your Full name as present on your Aadhar Card
- Enter the Correct Pin Code of your address
- Enter Correct Mobile number as mentioned during registration.
- Click on get One Time Password
- After getting the OTP, enter it without mistakes
- Click on Validate and Download
- A popup window will appear on your computer asking where to save your Aadhar Card Online.
- Save it and Print.
- Most important- After opening the PDF version of your Aadhar Card Online it will ask a Password. The password is same as the PIN CODE (Postal Code of your Address) you entered in the application.
- Enter your PIN CODE to open the document.
- Print the Aadhar Card and secure it.
Thus even if you lost your Aadhar card you can always get it online by following the above process and can download Aadhar Card Online anytime.