Aadhar Card is a 12 digit unique identification number for every registered individual. The card and the number are issued by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) on behalf of the Government of India. UDAI is committed to provide most convenient services to all the individual to avail Aadhar Card as well to make Correction in Aadhar Card easily.
Click Here to know more about UIDAI
Read about UIDAI on our website Click Here
Correction In Aadhar Card: Here Is How To Correct Every Single Detail In Aadhar Card
Individuals interested in Correction in Aadhar Card can do it in 2 ways:
- Online correction in Aadhar Card
- Offline – By Aadhar Card CorrectionForm Download
Online Correction In Aadhar Card:
Do note: With this process you can correct any data in your Aadhar card. However, if you want to only update Mobile number, specifically, you can directly skip to this topic here.
Individuals interested in correcting information online can follow these steps:
- Go to official website of UIDAI – Here
- On its official home image look for Aadhar Services in the bottom of the right-hand corner.
- Click on update your Aadhar Data
Either follow above 3 steps or Click Here to get direct link to update information
4.On that page, you will find two alternatives for updating data – See image below
5. Go for the first option “Fill-up 4-Step Online Request” – And Click Update Aadhaar Data
6. You will be taken to “Aadhar self-service portal”. It will give you all the information on required documents and in the end, of the information, it will provide you with two links. The first link is to update data online and the second link is to download Aadhar Card correction form.
7. Click on the first option “To submit your update/ correction request online”
8.Enter your 12 digits Aadhar number and click send OTP (One Time Password). This will send you OTP number on your registered mobile number. If the incorrect number is provided or the number is not registered the you have to go the nearest update centre.
9. After filling in the OTP number, an online form will be generated. Fill-in the corrected information and click next/ OK
10. Select the information you want to be updated /corrected. You can select more than one information to update in Aadhaar.
11. Fill the fields with the details to be updated in English as well as in Local Language.
12. Depending on the information to be updated, upload original scanned (with the color scanner) copies of supporting documents as per the Valid Documents List. Refer this Link for valid documents – List of Aadhar Card Documents
13. Review the data entered for correctness and completeness in English as well as in local language.
Note: Date of Birth will not appear in the local language. Also, any numeric values will not be translated in the local language.
14. Submit the request. For future reference and tracking note down your Update Request Number (URN) carefully
You can also download /Print your Acknowledgement copy.
The information will be automatically updated after the verification process. The notifications will be sent to the registered mobile number (If given) or the individual can check their application status on the UIDAI official website.
Offline Correction in Aadhar Card – Aadhar Card Correction Form Download Online:
To correct information via Aadhar Card Correction form download follow the following steps:
- Follow the first four steps given above.
- To send update request by post, download the correction form. Click Here for Aadhar Card Correction Form Download
Fill the Update request form in capital letters and mention the Mobile number correctly. Registered Mobile number is mandatory for sending an update request by post.
Fill the form in English as well as Local Language
Fill the form with current details. There is no need to provide details that are no more valid. For example, if you want to update/correct your Name/Address just fill the New Name/ Address in the space provided in form. There is no need to provide old Name/ Address.
If you are correcting your Name. Write full name without salutations/titles. For example do not write Dr. /Mr. /Col. etc
If you are correcting Date of Birth. Fill in Date of Birth in DDMMYYYY format. You can update Date of Birth from Declared to Verified only once. In case your Verified Date of Birth is incorrect in the Aadhaar letter, you can get it corrected only once.
If you are correcting Address. Write complete address. The Aadhaar letter with updated address will be delivered at the given address only.
Mention Aadhaar Number on all copies of documents. Mention Type of Document (PoI/PoA/DoB) on the copy of the document.
Mark the envelope as “Aadhaar Update/Correction” on top. Seal the envelope properly.
Send the Aadhaar Correction form along with the supporting documents to one of the addresses given below:
- Address IUIDAI, Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
- Address II
UIDAI, Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India
Note: Submission of information for update does not guarantee update of Aadhaar data. The information submitted is subject to verification and validation. Furnishing of incorrect information/suppression of information would lead to rejection of application and would attract penal provisions under prevailing laws.
To Check / Track the Status of your Correction – Click Here
Don’t forget to read the instructions given for self-service update portal as well as instructions for submitting the form by post before submitting the final documents.
With either of the above two ways, you can do the corrections in Aadhar Card details. Apart from that, you can go to your nearest update centre for further assistance regarding the updating Aadhar card information.
Click Here to get the addresses for all the update centre.