Every Indian citizen is now issued a 12 digit number by the government which is called as the Aadhar. The Unique Identification Authority of India (also known as the UIDAI) is responsible for managing the Aadhar numbers and Aadhar identification cards. The Aadhar project was initially started so that a resident could have a single unique identification document or number which would capture all the details of the individual, including the biometric and demographic information. The Aadhar card does not replaces the pre-existing identification documents but it can be used alone as an identity proof. We feel that Aadhar Card is definitely a leap forward to make it easier for Indian Citizens to get their subsidies as well as expedite their transactions with the Government bodies – for instance, you can check your E Aadhar Card Status online on UIDAI’s website, download a copy of your Aadhar Card (which is considered to be a valid copy), etc. In order to save the time and money of the Indian citizens and the Government, citizens already have a service of E Aadhar card download available to them. The E Aadhar card can be downloaded by you in a few simple steps and you can get it printed within the comfort of your home. Also, the E Aadhar will be as valid as the original Aadhar card.
Click Here to find out How to Download E Aadhar Card
In case you want to download the E Adhar card, visit our previous module by clicking here. In this article,we will tell you how to check your E Aadhar card status in a few simple steps!
Checking E Aadhar Card Status
You can check your E Aadhar card status by following the simple steps listed below:
- The primary step to check your E Aadhar card status is going on the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) which is www.uidai.gov.in .
- Once you are on the website, look to your right for a list of some links displayed. Be sure to click on “Aapka Aadhar” option from the links that are given at the side.
- As soon as you click on the Aapka Aadhar option, you will be taken to a different webpage in which certain options will be given. Look at the blue colored bar on the top, it will have six options which are namely home, resident, registrar, partner, students, others. Select the “Others” option and wait till you are taken to another webpage.
- Once you are redirected to the new webpage, have a look at the options listed on the left side, under the “Others” heading. You are now supposed to Click on the “Resident Portal” option.
- A different website will be in front of you and several options in rectangular boxes will be displayed. Find the “Check Aadhar status” option and click on it in order to check your E Aadhar card status.
- A digital form will now have to be filled by you. Enter your Enrollment ID and the Date or time of Enrollment. Your Enrollment ID is mentioned on your Enrolment slip (also called as Acknowledgement / Resident Copy) . Once you have entered both these details as well as the security code displayed on your screen, click on the “Check Status” option. In case you have lost your Aadhar Enrolment Slip (EID) or do no have your Aadhar number (UID), please refer our guide on how to find EID / UID over here.
- Your E Aadhar card status will be in front of you on your screen.
We hope you will find this information helpful in finding your E Aadhar Card Status. Feel free to ask your queries in the comments below.
Have a nice day!