Aadhar Card status by Name can be checked in a number of ways – online, through SMS or by calling the Aadhar Helpline. However in all these methods one needs to have the unique Aadhar Enrolment ID, also known as EID. EID is mentioned on the acknowledgement slip received at the enrolment centre on successful data submission of your Aadhar application at the centre itself. One need not to worry if due to any reason one loses this slip or doesn’t have his EID easily available – you can still check the status of your UIDAI Card.
IMPORTANT: Never share your Aadhar Details with anyone. Do not share your Aadhar here or on any other site. ONLY share it on UIDAI official website or the websites authorised by it.
Firstly, if you are looking to find your Aadhar Card Number you can refer the process mentioned here.
To Know How to check your Aadhar Card Status by Name and Date of Birth – You can also Click Here
To check your status – only by name, scroll down.
Here is a detailed step-by-step guide on how to check Aadhar Card Status by Name on UIDAI Resident Portal online – resident.uidai.net.in
Check Aadhar Card Status by Name on UIDAI Resident Portal – resident.uidai.net.in:
Here are the steps involved in Checking Aadhar Card Status by Name:
Step 1 – Visit the Resident UIDAI website – resident.uidai.net.in:
- Just in case one loses access or forgets his/her enrollment ID (EID) it can be retrieved by Name by visiting the UIDAI webpage https://resident.uidai.net.in/find-uid-eid. (check the screenshot below)
Step 2 – Select the Enrollment ID Number Option:
- Once on the page, press the button next to Enrollment No (EID) under ‘You want to retrieve your lost’ section.
Step 3 – Enter your Details and Receive the EID and the Time of Enrolment in SMS:
The entire process of retrieving the EID is divided into two parts.
- In part one, one needs to mention his/her name with exact spellings as specified at the time of enrollment.
- In email field, enter the email ID or enter the Mobile No mentioned at the time of enrolment. One has the option of entering one of the details among the two. [For applicants who have not registered their email ID it is mandatory to use their mobile number to retrieve the lost data]
- Enter the Security code – which is the text you see in the image next to the column and click Get OTP button to get a unique code on mobile phone or email. Keep the tab open and wait for the OTP to reach you (which generally takes maximum of 2 minutes).
Once OTP is received on the same page under Part 2 , enter the OTP just received and click on Verify OTP.
Once everything mentioned above is done correctly you will receives a SMS on your mobile mentioning the Enrolment ID (EID). This can now be used to determine the Aadhar Card status by name online using following steps.
Step 4 – Visit the Aadhar Status Check Portal by visiting the link below:
Visit the Aadhar status page on UIDAI Resident Portal at https://resident.uidai.net.in/check-aadhaar-status
Step 5 – Enter the EID you received and the Date and Time of Enrolment your received in the SMS & Submit:
- Enter the EID just received followed by the exact date and time of enrolment also mentioned in the SMS.
- Enter the security code written in the image.
- Click Check Status.
- In case the Aadhar Number has been allotted, same shall also be mentioned clearly on the status page.
So, this is how you do Check Aadhar Card Status by Name.
We also recommend you to conduct the Aadhar Card Status Enquiry by Name for your application ONLY 96 hours after enrolment (that is, submission of the form).
Click on Check Status button and the present status of Aadhar Card shall be displayed.
In case of any discrepancies in data submitted; same can be corrected within this period easily. Otherwise a fresh application will have to be made again for enrolment of Aadhar Card.
DO NOTE: It often takes up to 2-3 months for the Aadhar application to be processed. In case you see a status which asks to re-enrol, we suggest wait for a few weeks and check again to see if the application is received for processing or not.
For further information on Aadhar Card and Aadhar Card status enquiry by name, we suggest you to read our articles on:
- To know more about Aadhar Card and how to get Aadhar Card, CLICK HERE
- To know about How to download Aadhar Card online? CLICK HERE
UIDAI provides means to find EID online using the data submitted at the time of enrolment. The basic information needed to generate EID is Name, Email ID and Mobile number. Also one needs to have access to the mentioned mobile number or Email ID as a One Time Password (OTP) needs to be generated to prevent misuse of information and same is sent by UIDAI on the said mobile number or email to verify details. Once applicant knows his/her Enrolment ID (EID), Aadhar Card status can easily be checked either online or offline.
We hope you found this post useful. Feel free to explore this site for more news, guides and updates.