Quick 4 Steps on How to Check Your Aadhar Card Application Status Online:
- First, ensure you have your Acknowledgment slip, you received when you had submitted your application – At the top of the slip you will find your 14 digit Enrolment ID.
- Now visit the Resident UIDAI website and go to the Check Aadhaar Status or simply click here.
Simply Enter your 14 Digit EID Number and Date of Birth.
- Enter the Security Code from the Captcha displayed on screen and click Check Status.
That’s it, you will now see your Aadhar Card Status on your screen.
Note: Incase you have lost of do not have your Enrolment ID or EID visit Resident UIDAI Portal and Goto the Find UID / EID option, or simply click here – Select the EID option and enter the details to receive your EID.
Aadhar Card is one rare Government Identity Card that finds its roots very closely integrated to the world wide web (WWW). The reason we say this is the fact that it is probably the only identity document that could be downloaded over the internet. The concept of E-Aadhar is definitely a far cry from our future where the whole Citizen Identification system would find its working directly from the online grid. Another reason why Aadhar stands out is the ease of application and updation of Aadhar details which could be completed online. However, there is one more important process linked to this card, something which comes in to picture after the application step – the process of checking the Aadhar card application status.
Hence, in this article, we would explain to you the simple procedure for checking your Aadhar card application status online.
How to Check Aadhar Card Application Status Online?
Checking your Aadhar Card application status is important because it helps you follow up on the progress of your Aadhar card Enrolment. Hence, if there is any problem in your application, you could know it and correct it in advance if you keep a regular check on your application status. On the other hand, keeping a check on this status would also allow you to know the estimated time within which your Aadhar Card would be issued. The process for checking Aadhar Card enrolment status is anyway not a very difficult one. Following are the simple steps for the same:
- Make sure you have your Acknowledgment slip which you must have received at the time of submitting the Aadhar Card enrolment application.
- At the top of this slip, you would find the 14-digit enrolment ID and 14-digit date of enrolment.
- These two together make up you 28-digit temporary enrolment ID. This ID is required if you want to check your Aadhar card application status online.
- If you have the above mentioned 28-digit temporary Aadhar Card enrolment ID, then you could visit the following link: https://resident.uidai.net.in/check-aadhaar-status
- On the landing page, you would have to enter two fields:
- The 28-digit Aadhar Card Temporary Enrolment ID (14-digit Enrolment number and 14-digit enrolment date)
- The on-screen security captcha code.
- Once, you enter the above-mentioned fields, you can click the ‘Check Status’ icon.
- The UIDAI resident server would search and then show your Aadhar card application status there and then.
How to Check the Aadhar Card Update Status?
As you know, you can apply for an Aadhar Card name change on the Self Service Update Portal (SSUP). Similarly, a request for the update of following Aadhar Card details could also be raised on the SSUP:
- Mobile Number
For more information on Aadhar Card update process, please refer these two articles:
- Verified and detailed process for Aadhar Card name change
- Accurate process for Aadhar Card address change
Once you have submitted a request for the updation of any of name, address or any other Aadhar card details, you can follow up on the progress of the requested update by checking the Aadhar card update status portal. To check this status, you need to have the following information:
- Aadhar Card Number
- Update Request Number (assigned to you at the time of submission of Aadhar card update application)
If you have both of these numbers, then you can directly visit https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/check-status and enter the above-mentioned numbers in the appropriate boxes. After doing so, you need to click on ‘Get Status’ and you would immediately be shown the status of your Aadhar card update application.
That’s it. Do let us know in the comments below if you have any further queries / questions. We will be more than happy to answer your questions on checking the Aadhar Card application status online.