How to Change Local Language in Aadhar Card, and why do we even need Aadhar Card Local Language? Well, these are the questions which will be answered in this article.
Aadhar Card database is stored in the English language, but the communication between UIDAI and the card holder can be done both in the local language as well as in English. When you fill in the form all the information is required in two languages one in English and one in the local language of the place where you reside.
Don’t Forget to Read: Simplest Way to Get Aadhar Card Registration Form and Fill it Correctly
Change Local Language in Aadhar Card:
Given below are some steps you can try to change the local language in Aadhar Card. Step-by-step process is explained for changing Aadhar Card local language online followed by the offline process.
Online Method to Change Local Language in Aadhar Card:
As such, there is no particular way or service by which you can change your local language.
For Example: If you are living in Maharashtra your local language will automatically be Marathi – You don’t pick your local language. It is done automatically.
Now for example; if you shift from Maharashtra to say Tamil Nadu and you want to Change Local Language in Aadhar Card then follow the procedure below.
Steps to Change Local Language in Aadhar Card:
Do note: As mentioned above you can change your Address to the new one and the local language will change automatically. See the steps below:
- Go to the official website – Resident UIDAI Update Data – Click Here.
- Click on “Update your Aadhar Data“.
- Once you do that, you will be taken to the Self Service Portal. You will have to select the Online Update Option – See image below:
- Now you will come across a Verification Page. Before you proceed further – You will have to Fill-in your Aadhar Number and the Verification text as it might appear on the screen.
- You will receive one-time password on your registered mobile number.
- Fill-in the OTP and click submit.
- Now you will have to select the Update Address Option
- Update the Address / location – The Local Language will be changed accordingly.
- Provide the scanned copy of all the required documents and Click Submit.
That’s it. Once your address is updated, the Local Language too will be changed as per the local language of your state.
In case you are looking for a detailed process and also what all details can be changed / updated in Aadhar Card, then here is a list of things which can be updated:
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
In the case of mistake, you can make corrections or modifications in your Aadhar Card by following these simple steps Click Here to read more.
Offline Method to Change Local Language in Aadhar Card:
If you want to Change Local Language in Aadhar Card offline then you can visit your nearest Aadhar Card Centre and can get your local language changed – Only if you are in a new state.
In the same state the local language of the state will be applicable to your Aadhar Card by default.
Either of the above-mentioned ways can be used to get your Change in Aadhar Card Local Language. Once you updated your local language and other information (if any) it will take 2-3 weeks after verification to get your new Aadhar Card with all the updated information. You can also check your Aadhar Card status online by clicking Here or by going to the official website of UIDAI or also by going to your nearest Aadhar Card Centre with all your information.
Hope this article was helpful. For more information and recent news related to Aadhar Card you can also go to our website AadharCardKendra.
You can also leave your queries in the comment section below!