You would face a need to change Aadhar Card Details after marriage. A woman would want to change her surname or address after marriage. So she has to register the change in the Aadhar Card. Men on the other hand, may be shifting to newer homes after getting married or might switch jobs, which might result in their addresses being changed. So how do you make these Aadhar Card changes for your address or name or any other detail whatsoever?
Do Note: You can do it only via the official website of UIDAI and you should never do it from any other site. If you cannot do it online, then visit only the authorised Aadhar Centres to get it done. Here’s a complete guide to help you on how to do it online or offline.
Change in Aadhar Card Details Online:
You can change the following details in Aadhar Card:
- Date of Birth
- Mobile No. (You can Update, but not Add a new one altogether online. To add a number, please visit a nearest enrolment centre. Find one from here.)
- email ID
Things to REMEMBER before applying for Aadhar Card details change:
- Your Registered Mobile Number is mandatory in the online process.
- You need to submit Documents for change of – Name, Date of Birth and Address. However, Change in Gender, Mobile number (if you have an existing one registered) and Email ID do not require any documents.
- You have to fill details in both – English and Regional/Local language (Eg. Hindi, Oriya, Bengali etc). However the regional language field gets autopopulated as you fill the English fields.
- Aadhar Card Details are not changed instantly.
- It is changed after Verification and Validation by the authority and takes about 15-20 days to update.
Steps to Aadhar Card Details Change online:
- Click Here to visit the official Aadhar Card Update Portal – Self Service Update Portal or SSUP.
- Enter your Aadhar Number.
- Fill Text Verification code you see in the image on your screen.
- Click on Send OTP. OTP is sent on your Registered mobile number.
You will be asked to choose the Aadhar Card Details that you want to change.
- You can select multiple fields. Select the field and Submit.
- In next window fill the Correct Detail in both – English and Local language (if asked) and Submit.
For Example – Here one has to fill the Email Id
- Verify the details that you have filled. If all the details look good then proceed or you can go back and edit once again.
- You may be asked for BPO Service Provider Selection. Select the provider belonging to your region.
- At last – You will be given an Update Request Number. Download or Print the document and keep it safe. It is required in checking the status of the complaint in future.
So this step completes the process of Aadhar Card details change online.
Another way of doing this (i.e. Aadhar Card Details change) is by post or visiting the Aadhar Centre personally. Given below is the detail for the process.
Steps to Change Aadhar Card Details by Post or via Aadhar Centre:
Changing details through post is also an easy process. But it requires time. Also you have always a doubt whether your request has reached the authority or not. To avoid such issue, you can also visit the nearest Aadhar Centre to get it done. Locate the nearest Aadhar centre from here.
Follow the steps of the process –
- CLICK HERE to Download the UPDATE REQUEST FORM. Fill the form in CAPITAL LETTERS. All the fields are similar to what we have seen in the online process.NOTE – Mobile number is mandatory to fill. Also fill working mobile number which you use frequently. It is because all the process related to Aadhar Card is done with the help of the mobile number.
- You need to SEND original copies of supporting documents. For list of Documents Click Here.
Name Correction/Update – Requires submission of ANY ONE of the Proof of Identity(PoI) listed in “Supported PoI Documents Containing Name and Photo for Name Corrections/Update”
Date of Birth Correction (DoB) – Requires submission of ANY ONE of the DoB listed in “Supported Proof of Date of Birth Documents”
Address Corrections/Change – Requires submission of ANY ONE of the Proof of Address (PoA) listed in “Supported Proof of Address (PoA) Documents Containing Name and Address”
- Write the Aadhar no. and Type of Document (PoI/PoA/DoB) on all the copy of the document.
- Put all the documents in an envelope. Mark the envelope as “Aadhaar Update/Correction” on the top. Do not forget to seal the envelope properly.
- Send the Aadhaar Correction form along with the supporting documents to any one of the addresses given below –
UIDAI, Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
UIDAI, Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India
But only sending the Aadhar Card Details change request is not enough. You need to keep checking the status of the request. Given below is the detail process-
Check the status of your Aadhar Card details change request
Step 1 – Go the website by Clicking Here
Step 2 – Fill the Aadhaar No. and URN – Update Request Number
Step 3 – Click on “Get Status”
You are done. The new window on the screen will show the status of your request for change in Aadhar Card Details.