Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM app) is an initiative developed by the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) to enable fast, secure, reliable cashless payments through your mobile phone. You can also operate the BHIM app with other Unified Payment Interface – UPI app, and bank accounts.
The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi launched the Aadhaar-based app dedicated to Bhim Rao Ambedkar at the Digi Dhan Mela in Delhi at the end of 2016.
Visit the official website of the BHIM app here.
BHIM – Bharat Interface for Money:
After demonetization by the government, Paytm and similar mobile wallets have begun to be used almost everywhere from small stalls to designer stores. To plan for digital transactions without hassle and a cashless economy, the government has recently introduced the BHIM Aadhar Payments app that is connected to your bank account, Aadhar number and mobile number.
BHIM app allows you to make easy and quick payment transactions using Unified Payment Interface – UPI app, and is easier than wallets! You need not fill the tedious bank account details repeatedly.
By using BHIM Aadhar Payments app, you can simply make direct bank to bank payments and instantly collect the money using just your Mobile number or your Payment address.
The BHIM is also a rearranged UPI app for payments. The Government has also presented an app – the Aadhaar Payment app (AEPS) for dealers, which permits the merchant to pay using the Aadhar card number and a unique fingerprint for security purposes.
BHIM App Features:
- Send / Receive Money: Send money to or receive money from friends, family and customers through a mobile number or payment address. You can also collect money by sending a request and reverse payments if required.
- Check Balance: You can check your bank balance and transaction details even while travelling.
- Custom Payment Address: You can create your own custom payment address connected to your mobile number.
- QR Code: You can easily scan and print a QR code for faster entry of payment addresses and for merchant display.
- Transaction Limits:
- Maximum of Rs. 10,000 per transaction
- Maximum of Rs. 20,000 every 24 hours.
- Language supported: Hindi and English. More languages are coming soon!
How and Where to download BHIM App / UPI App it?
The BHMI App or the Aadhar payments app interface was interfaced with managing an account and coordinated with different elements. The BHIM app accompanies a basic interface and has been made for the convenience of citizens.
The application is around 1.24 MB in size and downloading the BHIM app is a simple process. You can follow the instructions below to download the UPI app!
- For Android users, click here to go to the Google Play Store and download the BHIM app. For Windows and iOS users, versions of the BHIM app are coming out soon!
- Open the BHIM App after its installation.
- When you start this UPI app for the first time, you must register your mobile number for further usage.
- You will receive an SMS to enrol your mobile number to be entered in the BHIM app.
- After the initial registration, you will have to enter a 4-digit PIN number to secure your app payments.
- You can link your BHIM Aadhar Payments app with your bank account as required.
Now, you can use the BHIM app for cashless easy transactions.
Creating UPI Address on ‘BHIM’ App:
By default, your registered mobile is your UPI address.
For example, if your mobile number is 9812345678, your default UPI address will be 9812345678@upi.
You can also create your own customized UPI address, which could be your nickname or full name.
How to use BHIM app?
- Register your bank account with BHIM app.
- Set a UPI PIN for your registered bank account so that it is secure.
- Now, your mobile number is your payment address (PA).
- Provide your mobile number during transactions.
- You can now receive or send cashless payments!
Yes! It’s that simple.
Merchants will need to download the Aadhar payments app on their phones and connect them to a biometric reader, which is currently available for Rs. 2,000.
The customer will then
- Input their Aadhar number into the Aadhar payments app,
- Select the bank through which the transaction will take place, and
- The biometric scan will work as a password for the transaction to be authenticated.
The BHIM app has had a tremendous response since its release, and is being used more throughout the country for cashless digital transactions.
Go ahead and try it out now!