As the Government of India is planning to make Aadhar card compulsory for many important purposes, it has become a necessity to have an Aadhar card. So, firstly, if you are yet to apply for an Aadhaar Card, visit this quick and easy guide we have written on how to apply for Aadhar. We have received queries from many people who do want to apply for Aadhar number but are not sure if they can apply for Aadhar card from different location – in other words, they are away from their hometown or are at a different “present address” than their “permanent one“. That is when we decided to write this guide which can help you understand the correct and complete process on how to apply for and get Aadhar if you are from a different location. UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) has decided to established enrolment centres in different locations of every city / state so that each and every citizen can apply for Aadhar card no matter if they are from different locations. According to the official reports there are 174 Aadhar enrolment agencies all over India as on year 2012.
Steps to apply for Aadhar Card from different location – if you are away from your hometown or state:
Let’s say if someone belongs to Goa but stays in another city or state, he /she can still make Aadhar card from another city or state. He/she just needs to visit the nearest Aadhar centre and submit their respective PoA (Proof of Address) and POI (Proof of Identity).
- POA includes ration card, electricity bill, telephone bills, bank statement etc and
- POI includes Voter ID, Passport, and Pan Card, driving license etc.
- Other documents like birth certificate, pension card etc.
- Applicant can also take the help of an introducer.
For a detailed information on various documents for Aadhar card applicaton, please refer our detailed article over here.
Steps to apply for Aadhar Card from different location
There are some easy and simple steps listed below through which one can apply for Aadhaar card from different location:
- Firstly, go to an authorized Aadhar enrolment centre.
- You will get Aadhar card application form, which is free of cost and fill it up.
- It is advisable to take your POA, POI and all required documents.
- At the time of enrollment, submit all the required documents.
- During enrollment carefully review all the details you had provided – if there is any mistake do make the correction there itself.
- After you review all the details, they will take your photo, finger-prints and iris scan.
- After which you will receive an acknowledgement slip, where you will find your enrolment number.
- On submission of your application, the details will then be verified by the officials. You can check the status of your Aadhar Card online too. Refer this link for more details.
- After complete verification, they will issue your Aadhar card.
- You will be notified through a SMS or an email.
- And also they will post your Aadhar card to your permanent address.
- If you didn’t receive your Aadhar card, contact your nearby post office or Aadhar helpline number (1800-300-1947) which is a toll free number or mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can even download your Aadhar card i.e. E-Aadhar card.
- If you can’t locate your enrollment centre, visit official online page and locate your nearest enrolment centre.
- The list of enrollment centre’s can be seen online over here
- The UIDAI does not currently offer online enrollment, one needs to visit only these enrolment centre provided in the list.
- But appointment can be taken online for enrolment at the following link, click here for more details
Enrollment for Aadhar is a continuous process and there is no last date for enrolment – one can apply any day of a year.
These days the entire system to apply for Aadhar Card, check the Aadhar application status and download Aadhar is getting simpler. No more is the need to stand in long queue and wait for your turn. Just take an online appointment facility prior to visiting the Aadhar enrolment center. If an Aadhar card center near you doesn’t have such online appointment registration facility, you may walk-in to the closest center without prior appointment. Through the above mentioned two steps, you can apply for Aadhar card from different location.
Let us know in the comments below if you have any further queries.