Getting an electronic version of your adhar card is now possible in a few simple steps online! The Adhar card download will now be considered as equivalent to the adhar card and hence you need not visit the adhar card centre to get a new adhar card, you can simply sit at home and take out a printout of your adhar card.
You might want to get your adhar card download if you have lost your adhar card or if it has been disfigured. Whatever the case may be, we are here to help you get a new adhar card in just a few simple steps. Applying for a new adhar card is free and so is to get your adhar card printed. Follow the simple steps mentioned below.
How to Get Adhar Card Download
In order to get the adhar card download, you must make it a point that you have your enrollment number or the Aadhar number with you. The enrollment number is the number that is printed on your adhar card, in case you have lost your previous adhar card and you do not have your enrollment number with you then you will have to retrieve your enrollment/Aadhar number from the Unique Identification Authority of India website.
Click here to Visit our previous module to find out how to get your Aadhar number online in order to get your e Aadhar card download.
In case you have your enrollment/ Aadhar number, then follow the simple steps below:
- Firstly, visit the official website of the unique identification authority of India which is www.uidai.gov.in.
- Once you are on the website, look to your right and you will see many options listed. You are now supposed to click on the “Aapka aadhar” option and wait until a new page appears.
- There will again be a number of options given to your left. Locate the “aadhar services” option which is in an orange colored box and click on it a different website will open.
- There will be various rectangular boxes with different links, on the right side click on the “Get E Aadhar” option.
- As soon as you click that option, a digital form will open up in front of you.
- Fill up the form with details such as your enrollment number, full name, mobile number and so on. Click on “Get one time password”.
- The one-time password will be sent to your phone number that you have entered in the column if you click Confirm in the pop-up that appears. If you don’t want the password to be sent on your mobile number, you may click Cancel and it will be sent to your email address.
- Once you have your password, Enter it against the column “Enter OTP” (OTP stands for One Time Password).
- Click on Validate & Download and your adhar card will be in front of you.
We hope we were able to help you in getting your adhar card download, keep reading for more information regarding the Aadhar and have a nice day ahead!