The UIDAI portal features “Aapka Aadhar” utility that acts as a mainstream for Aadhar related services. Residents can make use of the Aapka Aadhar webpage to get a generic view about Aadhar card. At the same time, one can also access Aadhar Services from this feature. This article explains how Aapka Aadhar option enables easy download of Aadhar card.
Aapka Aadhar – Your Gateway to a Plethora of Benefits:
The 12 digit Aadhar number issued by UIDAI serves as a proof of identity and address, anywhere in India. Aadhar letter received via India Post and e-Aadhaar downloaded from UIDAI website are equally valid. It is quite easy to get an Aadhar card as compared to other identity cards issued by the Government. The reason being that Aadhar card is available in a digital format with the UIDAI database and can be downloaded in case of a loss / misplaced situation.
Aapka Aadhar option gives you all the details about Aadhar Card:
You can visit the Aapka Aadhar page from here
It has information regarding the following topics:
- What is Aadhar?
- How it started
- States and Union Territories where Aadhar Enrollments are covered
- Details about its validity in Financial and eKYC related matters
Furthermore it also details the various documentations about Aadhar and how it has evolved and how well is it useful today.
However, if you are looking for Aadhar Services to get your Aadhar Card or to make any corrections, check status, get a duplicate one or download your eAadhar, then here are the options you should look at.
“Aadhar Services” is what you should be looking for to get your Aadhar Card and other services offered, such as:
- Enrolment / Download E-aadhaar
- Update Your Aadhar Data
In addition to this, Aapka Aadhar page provides a very comprehensive description about Aadhar, UID Brand, Authentication and so on.
Aapka Aadhar – Getting Your E-Aadhar:
This feature helps a resident to obtain an electronic version of Aadhar card in case the original Aadhar letter has not been received due to various reasons, or even lost.
It is essential to know that E-Aadhar is as valid as the actual one and can be downloaded by submitting Aadhaar number or enrolment ID (found on the Enrolment slip given at the time of enrolment).
To get eAadhar click here – Simply follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Providing personal details:
- “Enrolment ID” radio button will be selected by default. One can choose to continue with enrolment ID or provide Aadhar number.
- The 14-digit Enrolment Number (with Date Time stamp as appearing on the acknowledgement slip) or 12 digit Aadhar number must be entered
- Full name (as appearing in the acknowledgment slip) must be entered.
- Pin code must be entered.
- The characters in the image above “Enter above Image Text” field box must be typed in correctly.
- Registered mobile number must be entered.
- Click the “Get One Time Password” button to generate the OTP
Step 2: Entering OTP to download E-Aadhar:
- OTP sent to the mobile number must be typed in.
- Click “Validate and Download” button
- Finally, the Aadhar card will be downloaded in a password protected PDF File. The password to open the file is the “pin code” of the residential address.
- A print-out of the downloaded file now serves as a valid Aadhar card.
Click here to read more about how to check your Aadhar Card Status online.
Get Aadhar on Mobile:
Enrolment ID (found on the Enrolment slip given at the time of enrolment) can be used to receive Aadhaar card on the registered mobile number.
- Enter the Enrolment ID along with the Date Time stamp.
- Enter the registered mobile number
- Enter the security code as appearing in the image.
- Click “Get OTP” button that generates a One Time Password and sends it to the registered mobile number. This OTP will be valid for 5 minutes.
- In the following webpage, type in the OTP.
- Enter the security code as appearing in the image.
- Click “Submit” button.
- Now, Aadhar number will be sent to the resident’s mobile.
Update Your Aadhar Data:
UIDAI has a dedicated portal for Updation of Resident’s Aadhar Data. A person holding a mobile number can update their profile using this portal. It is mandatory to have a mobile number for updating details as passwords will be received for logging in.
Click Here to Update your Aadhar Card Data
A resident’s Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Address or your Mobile Number can be updated by the following three modes of Update.
1. Fill up 4-step Online Request:
- In the Aadhar Self Service Update Portal, the resident first has to login with the Aadhar Number.
- Then the field for update has to be selected.
- The next step is to fill in the new data to be updated.
- As a final step, the resident must upload the necessary documents and submit their request.
Click Here for a Detailed Step-by-Step guide to Updating your Aadhar Card Details
2. Send Update Request by Post:
Residents can use “Aadhar Data Update / Correction Form” to update or correct Aadhar data by filling up the offline form.
The process remains the same as described above.
This request form can be sent by Post to the specified address mentioned in the form.
Annexure/Format for Address Change by MP /MLA / GAZETTED Officer:
Residents who wish to change address in their Aadhaar Data can submit this Annexure duly attested by an MP/MLA or a Gazetted Officer along with the Update Form.
Thus Aapka Aadhar and Aadhar Services help you in giving all the required information as well as required Aadhar related services.
Also check out the Aadhar Kiosk article here, for a one-stop source of any service / query pertaining to Aadhar card.
We hope this article was helpful. Please check this website for many such useful resources.