Aadhar acts as proof of residence, identity, verification and KYC purposes and more. In the future it may also be linked to bank account portability. In fact there are some more possible Aadhar card uses, which you can check here. With the importance of Aadhar going a bar higher each day, there are a number of services that the government provides to every Aadhar holder.
Here are all the Aadhar services and how you can use them.
- Verification of Aadhar
- Verification of Email and Mobile
- Linking Aadhar to services – Banking, LPG, NPS
- Aadhar Linking Status
- Is there any need for Aadhar in pension?
- List of Services where Aadhar Linking is Mandatory
Know details about all Aadhar Services:
The first service we will talk about is Aadhar verification.
If you recently got your Aadhar Card, then you have to verify it. Aadhar verification process is very important for you as well as UIDAI. With the help of this process, UIDAI easily detects duplicate/fake Aadhar Cards. So please verify your Aadhar Card and let’s know your Aadhar is original or not.
How to Verify Aadhar Card?
For the process mentioned below, you will need:
- Aadhar Number – (Click to Find your Aadhar Number)
- Registered Email ID OR Mobile Number – (Click to Add Mobile Number and Email)
Once you have the above required data, all you need to do is to simply follow the below steps to verify Aadhar Card:
1. Visit the Resident Portal
Type https://resident.uidai.net.in/aadhaarverification in the URL box and wait until the webpage is loaded.
2. Fill up the Form and Verify
You will be now required to fill up a form.
- Enter your Aadhar (UID) Number
- Email ID OR Mobile Number – Any one, NOT both!
- The security code displayed in the small image – Enter those digits/letters
- Click on the “Get Verification Code” button.
- You will now receive the Code on your Email or Mobile number – Enter the Code and Click Verify.
That is all you need to do to verify Aadhar. A success message will be displayed on your screen. However, if you do not receive a success message, it is advised to re-apply for the Aadhar.
Verification of Email and Mobile Registered with Aadhar Card:
You can also verify the email and mobile number linked with your Aadhar. Doing so will help you ensure that for any Aadhar related update shared by UIDAI or any processes which you might need to complete, you can get the alerts on your mobile or email.
If you wish to link your current email or mobile number with your Aadhar, the following process needs to be followed:
- Visit https://resident.uidai.net.in/verify-email-mobile . If this link does not work, simply copy and paste the URL in your web browser.
- You will be asked to enter your Aadhar number (UID) along with the ANY ONE – email or mobile number which needs to be verified.
- If you want to just verify or update the email, there is no need to enter the mobile number and vice versa.
- However, if both have to be verified, then repeat the process twice – once with Mobile Number and the other with email ID.
- Enter the Security Text or the Captcha you see in the image block and Click on “Generate Verification Code”.
- Enter the Verification code that you have just received on the entered mobile number OR email ID and click on “Verify”.
That is all! Once your Aadhar email verification or the Aadhar mobile verification is complete, a success message will be displayed on screen.
Linking Various Aadhar Services – Banking, LPG, NPS
It is possible to link your Aadhar card with your bank, LPG and NPS. If you link your Aadhar with your bank account, it will help you to receive benefits and amount of subsidies under various government schemes directly into your bank account.
How to Link the Aadhar to Bank Account
You will need to enable internet banking for your Bank Account in order to complete this process online.
However, if you already have enabled net banking, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your net banking account using your internet banking username and password.
- Look for the “Update or Link Aadhar Card Details” option or “Aadhar Card Seeding” option and click on it.
- Enter the Aadhar details you are asked in the simple form.
- Check the entered details and click the “Submit” button.
Once the above process is done, the details will be saved to the respective bank database. The bank will verify the information details entered by you and will link the Aadhar to your bank account.
Once the process is completed, you will be informed via an SMS or email to your registered mobile number or email ID.
You can also check the Aadhar linkage by dialing *99*99# on your mobile phone at the cost of Rs. 1.50 per enquiry.
For the Offline process of Aadhar Card Linking, we suggest you visit your nearest Bank Branch as every bank may have a different form and process to be followed.
For Further Details on Aadhar Card and Bank Account Linking – Click here.
How to Link the Aadhar to LPG
Linking your Aadhar to LPG is much easier when done online. Simply follow the steps mentioned below: [A detailed screenshot is shared below]
- Visit http://mylpg.in/
- Enter your location details by first choosing your State and then your District.
- Then choose the Benefit type, as “LPG” since the process is for linking LPG to Aadhar Card
- In addition to this you will be asked to select the following options:
- Scheme Name – This will be your Service Provider;
- Distributor Name – This will be your Local LPG Supplier;
- Consumer Number is the number appearing on your Gas Booking Passbook.
- After entering the above details correctly, you will have to simply enter your personal details & Aadhar number.
- An OTP will be sent to your mobile number. Enter the OTP and Click on the Submit option.
For the Offline Process – You need to visit your LPG service provider’s local office near you, and fill the form and submit the same to your bank branch.
For more details on how to link Aadhar to LPG, click here.
How to Link Aadhar to National Pension Scheme (NPS)?
For the process described below, you will need:
- An active bank account
- Valid email ID / Mobile Number
- Aadhar Card and an active mobile number registered with Aadhar Card
If you are wondering about how to link Aadhar to the National Pension System or the NPS, follow the simple steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official NPS Website by Clicking here
- Now, click on the “Registration” option > and then > select “New Registration” link.
- You will be asked to choose a number of options. Choose the relevant options, correctly and proceed.
- Next, enter your Aadhar number and click on Generate OTP.
- You will receive this OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter OTP and fill up the other required details.
- A payment of Rs 500/- must be made in the NPS account and you will be routed to the payment gateway.
- Now, take a printout of the form and affix your recent photograph.
- Sign in the block provided for signature and within 90 days, send the form to the following address:
- Central Recordkeeping Agency (eNPS), NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 1st Floor, Times Tower, Kamala Mills Compound, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai- 400013
For a more detailed process on Aadhar linkage with NPS, Click here.
Aadhar Services – How to Check the Aadhar Linking Status?
Applied for Aadhar linkage but not aware of the Aadhar linking status? Or you simply need to check to which services is your Aadhar Card linked?
Follow the Simple steps mentioned below to know about the Aadhar linking status:
1. Visit https://resident.uidai.net.in/check-aadhaar-linking-status
2. Enter your Aadhar Number and the security code
3. Click on Verify
That is all! Your Aadhar linking status will be displayed on screen.
Is there any need for Aadhar in pension?
Yes, The Central Government has made the Aadhar Card Compulsory for all central government pensioners. Furthermore, The Supreme Court has allowed the use of Aadhar for availing the benefit of social welfare schemes like Pension schemes etc.
For more details on this requirement for having Aadhar Card for NPS, click here.
To know how to link Aadhar to NPS by following the method explained above.
List of Services where Aadhar Linking is Mandatory:
If you are wondering about “is Aadhar Mandatory for certain services, the following list conveys the services where Aadhar linking is Mandatory:
- EPF Pension Schemes
- Senior Citizen Benefits in Railways (proposed from April 2017)
- All Central and State Government subsidies and benefits including LPG
Hope you have found all answers related to the various Aadhar Card Services and how to use them.
Do note: Never share your Aadhar details with anyone except for the official authorities like UIDAI, banks or authentic government verified agencies.