Aadhar Modification can be done both online as well as offline. For the Online option you need to have a registered mobile number. If you have not registered your mobile number at the time of enrollment, you will be asked to provide one in order to get start the process of modification. If you no longer have your registered mobile number, you will have to visit nearest Aadhar Card Update Center or send your Aadhar Card change request through the post.
Aadhar Modification / Correction – You have 2 Options to Pick:
If you have any of the details on your Aadhaar which are not correct you can get them changed very easily. You get two options through which you can change your details.
- Online method
- Offline method
Aadhar Modification – Online Method:
For online Aadhar Modification, you must have a registered mobile number as One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to that registered mobile number. You can update your details through the Aadhaar website via online method by following a couple of steps. Here is step by step instruction to make modifications online.
- Visit Aadhar Self-Service update portal by clicking Here
- Enter your mobile number and the click on “Send OTP”. You will receive One Time Password on your entered mobile number. Do keep in mind that OTP is only valid for a time period of 15 minutes. If you haven’t registered your mobile phone in Aadhar self-service portal, insert your mobile number and you will receive the one-time password.
- After you have received the One Time Password on your mobile phone, enter the OTP in the required field and click on “Login”.
- You will see different fields on your browser window, mark the fields you want to update/modify and then click on Submit Button.
- Enter the modified/correct information in the selected fields and then click on “Submit Update Request” button present on your screen.
- Check the details and see if they are correct or not. If the details entered by you are correct then click on “Confirm” button and then “Proceed”. If you want to modify the entered details then click on “Modify” button so you can edit the desired fields.
- After clicking Proceed button you will be transferred to a new page of “Documents Upload”. Upload all the required scanned documents so that verification can be done of the changes you want on your Aadhaar card.
- Once your update request is successfully submitted you will receive Update Request Number (URN) on your screen also on your registered mobile number. Update Request number will help in tracking your Aadhar Modification Status. for Future reference, you can download the acknowledgment slip “Download File” button present on the page.
- The Final step, click on the “Logout” button which is present at the top right corner of your web page.
- If you want to track your Aadhaar Modification status, you can click here and see the results using your Update Request Number https://portal.uidai.gov.in/updatePortal/updateStatusLogin.action
Click Here to read instructions while filling the update form.
Aadhar Modification – Offline Method:
Other than the online method, you can also use the offline method, in which you can send your corrected details to the UIDAI enrollment centers across the country using the postal service.
- Download the Aadhar form Click Here.
- Fill in all the required you want to update.
- Mention the registered mobile number. It is compulsory to mention registered mobile number while sending the Aadhar Modification / Update form by post.
- Attach the self-attested copy of required documents verification of changes.
- Mark the envelope as “Aadhar Update/Correction” on top. Seal the envelope properly.
- Send the envelope to either of the address mentioned.
- Address I:
UIDAI, Post-Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
UIDAI, Post-Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India
- Address I:
You can check your Aadhar modification Status by Clicking Here
Don’t Forget to Read: How to Change Aadhar Card Details After Marriage?
Hope this post helped in getting simple steps for Aadhar Modification as well as Aadhar Modification Status.
For any further queries, you can leave your comments below of can check Aadhar Card related posts on our Website AadharCardKendra