If you have recently applied for an Aadhar card to be issued and you wish to check the Aadhar card status then you have landed on the correct webpage. We are here to help you with your Aadhar card status enquiry; there are two ways to enquire about your Aadhar card status, online and offline.
Aadhar Card Status Enquiry: About the Aadhar
The Aadhar is the unique 12 digit number that is given to all the Indian citizens by the Indian government. The body that is in charge of managing and issuing Aadhar numbers is ‘The Unique Identification Authority of India’ (Also known as UIDAI) which is a body functioning under the planning commission of India. The Aadhar functions as an identity proof for all the Indian citizens, it does not however replace the documents such as driving license or ration cards.
Aadhar Card Status Enquiry in Online Mode:
There are two ways to check your Aadhar card status online. You can check the Aadhar card status by the procedure given below or by another procedure which involves going to the official UIDAI website. If you wish to get your Aadhar card status enquiry by the official website procedure, you must visit our previous module by clicking here.
The other method involves clicking on the direct link and filling up the form, it is mentioned in detail below.
- Click here to get to the webpage from where you can get your Aadhar card status enquiry.
- Once you click on the above link, a digital form will be in front of you and you will be required to fill in that form with your enrollment ID, and date and time of enrollment. The enrollment number is the same number which will be printed on your enrollment slip when you would have applied for your Aadhar.
- There will also be an additional, third box in which you will have to enter the digits that you see in a colored rectangular box.
- Once you have filled the digital form completely, click on the ‘Check Status’ button and your Aadhar card status will be displayed on your screen.
Aadhar Card Status Enquiry in Offline Mode:
If you don’t have an internet connection, you can still check your Aadhar card status through the help of your mobile phones. It can be done via SMS or by calling a toll free number.
1. Aadhar Card Status Enquiry Through Call:
The number for enquiring about your Aadhar card status is 1800-300-1947, this number is toll free i.e. you will not have to pay any call charges for this particular call.
2. Aadhar Card Status Enquiry Through SMS:
In this method, you will need to send a text message to the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) and your Aadhar card status will be displayed upon your mobile screen. However, in this method, the message service may deduct the local or national text message charge from your phone.
The mobile number used to send the SMS must be the same mobile number that you gave to the operator at the time of your Aadhar card enrollment.
Type the SMS as follows:
UID STATUS <Your 14 digit enrollment number>
This SMS has to be sent on the number 51969.
Once this is done, you will soon receive a message which will confirm the status of your Aadhar card.
We hope you were able to solve your Aadhar card status enquiry by our help, keep reading for more Aadhar card related articles.
Have a nice day!