If you want to change some of the details you had given in your Aadhar card, there is a simple online way to do it. Aadhar Card Online Update is possible for the following details:
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
It should be noted that in order to update details for Aadhar Card, one needs to have access to the mobile number submitted at the time of Aadhar registration. One also needs to present self-attested scanned copies of some documents (details are mentioned below). A comprehensive list of the documents required for Aadhar Card online update are available over here.
Aadhar Card Online Update Procedure:
- Firstly, make sure you have your Aadhar Number and your registered mobile number with you (to receive the one-time password)
- Once you have the above mentioned, click the link –https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/update , to visit the page to get your Aadhar Card online update.
- Now that you have the web portal in front of you, fill in your Aadhar Number in the space provided for the same. next, enter in the ‘CAPTCHA’.
- After having filled in the spaces, please just verify the number and click on the ‘Get OTP’ option. After you have done that, you would receive your One – Time password on the registered mobile number.
- After you have received the OTP enter it in the space provided for it, in the page that you had been redirected to right after clicking the ‘Get OTP’ option. So, once you have filled in the OTP, click the login option, and a new page opens.
- The page to which you get redirected to is the Data Update Request Page, here please select the details you wish to change by marking the boxes next to each field.
- After you have marked the fields, you would be asked for the details of which the change is desired. For example : If you wish to change your address from ABC colony to GHI colony, enter the new address (GHI colony) in the space for it.
- After having filled in all the details correctly, you can proceed by clicking on the ‘Submit Update Request’ option.
Verify your Details for Aadhar Card Update Online:
- After you have completed correctly and successfully all the above steps, all your entered changes shall be displayed for a final verification by you on the next page. You could click on the ‘Modify’ option to make further changes, or click proceed to move to the next step.
- The page will now request you to upload scanned copies of self attested documents. It should be taken note of that the self attestation of the documents is very essential, or the entire request for Aadhar Card Update Online gets cancelled. The documents can be uploaded in PDF, WORD, JPG, PNG, GIF format. Click on the Submit option.
- After uploading the documents, one will need to go through one last step of selecting one from a list of BPOs, to process their data. You could select an agency with the best track record (displayed on the screen itself)
- On having successfully submitted all requisites, the page generates Uniform Request number (URN). This number shall also be forwarded to the Aadhar Card holder through an SMS on the registered number.
Track Your Aadhar Card Update request:
You can use the URN generated at the time of Aadhar Card Online Update request, and the 12 digit Aadhar Card Number to keep track of their Aadhar Card Update Process, for this you can visit: https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/check-status .
Once your request has been processed and updated, it is advisable you take a print of your fresh and new Aadhar. To know how to print your Aadhar Card – click here.