Aadhar Card is probably on the road to becoming the most important Indian identity card. It is regularly being attached to other important instruments like Bank Accounts and, also with other important identity cards like the Voter ID and PAN Card. Hence, it is one of the most undesirable things to have an Aadhar Card with incorrect or older and un-updated information. In this guide, we will mention the an accurate and verified information for Aadhar Card online correction. Find out how you can initiate a request for an updated ID within 5 minutes. All this is possible if you visit the very easy to use official Aadhar portal which UIDAI calls the Self-Service Update Portal.
How to Complete Aadhar Card Online Correction in 5 Minutes?
If you have a mobile number registered with your Aadhar Card details, then the SSUP is ready to be used to complete and initiate Aadhar Card Online correction request. Otherwise, without a linked mobile number, the applicant wouldn’t be able to initiate a request for Aadhar Card online correction. In such a scenario, we suggest the applicants to proceed by filing an Aadhar details update request through the Indian postal service. Even for updating the details other than ‘Name’, ‘Address’, ‘Gender’, ‘Mobile Number’ and ‘Date of Birth’, the applicants must apply by submitting the Aadhar Card correction form to the Aadhar Card update centre. This means, you can file a request on SSUP for updating only the mentioned details. For more details, you can visit this article on how to update mobile number in Aadhar Card. You can also refer this visual guide for more information on Aadhar details update. Also the link for downloading the form is:
If you already have a mobile number linked to your Aadhar Card, you can proceed with the following steps for online Aadhar card correction:
- Visit the SSUP Aadhar Card online correction page.
- Follow the link with all the important instructions: https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/ssup-home
- Make sure you read the given instructions thoroughly. The finally click on the highlighted text to apply for Aaadhar Card online correction.
- On the update page, the first step you’ve have to take is entering your Aadhar Card number.
- Once you enter your correct ID no., you would receive a One Time Pin on your registered mobile number.
- After you enter the received OTP, you are good to go to the next step.
- The next step asks you to make a selection based on the type of Aadhar Card online correction you want. So, select the Aadhar details you want to update. Reproduce the correct number or spelling in English as well as your native language. (If you are unable to translate the details, you can go for the offline method of Aadhar Card details update mentioned above).
- In the next step, you have to upload the appropriate documents supporting your claim to Aadhar Card online correction.
- Once you’ve uploaded the documents, the next step would ask you to choose your BPO Service provided. Select the appropriate option.
- Completing all these steps, you can click Submit.
- An Aadhar Card Online Correction URN (Update Request Number) would be generated. You must note down this number properly. It would be required when you proceed to check your Aadhar Card update status.
We hope this post helps you in completing your Aadhar Card Online Correction. Keep reading and have a nice day! And yes, feel free to mention in the comments below your queries in regards to Aadhar Card correction / details update.