Aadhar card lost? Don’t worry, getting a Duplicate Aadhar Card is very easy. Fortunately now you can get duplicate Aadhar card online from the official Aadhar website. The downloaded card will be valid same as the original Aadhar card.
Aadhar card contains a unique 12 digit number (UID) assigned to each citizen. It can be used as a government Id valid throughout India. It might happen that you happen to lose the card or it might get misplaced in our day to day lives. In that case Unique Identification Authority of India – UIDAI has made it possible to get a duplicate e-Aadhar card online.
For downloading a duplicate just follow the simple steps given here.
Aadhar Card lost – How to get started?
For downloading duplicate Aadhar card, you need to have two essential details – Aadhar number and Aadhar enrolment number. Even if you have any one of these two, getting a duplicate Aadhar card is very easy. Just jump to the download duplicate Aadhar card instructions mentioned after this section or click here. However it might be happen that you might have lost both of these details.
In this case too there is a solution, just follow these steps to get your Aadhar number and Aadhar enrollment number:
- Go to UIDAI official portal and find the link ‘Get UID/EID’ or simply click here to proceed to the main page.
- Select the option – Aadhar number or enrolment number.
- Entered your full name, registered email id and registered mobile number.
- After filling in the captcha click on ‘Get OTP’.
- Verify using the OTP received on the registered mobile number.
- The number will be sent to you through a mail and an SMS.
Now that you have all the necessary details, let us proceed to downloading the duplicate Aadhar card.
Aadhar card lost – Duplicate Aadhar Copy Download
- Go to the online Aadhar kiosk and click on ‘Get E-Aadhar’ or simply click here to proceed to the main page.
- Fill in the option: ‘I have’ – Aadhar number or enrolment number.
- Enter your full name, PIN code of the area you have the Aadhar card made from and the mobile number
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Use the OTP to validate and download duplicate Aadhar card.
- The Aadhar card in downloaded in a pdf format
- When you will open the pdf, you will be asked for a password.
- The password is the PIN code of your area.
Open the PDF and you have your e-Aadhar card. Print it out and use it as the original one.
Here is a post to help you get Aadhar Card Printout – Click Here
Aadhar Card Lost – Getting a Copy Offline
In case you are not comfortable with the online procedures or out of internet connectivity, there are ways to get your Aadhar card.
- Call the UIDAI toll free number or contact them through these details.
- Inform the UIDAI delegate about your Aadhar card lost, and give him the details. They will send your duplicate Aadhar card to you to your registered postal area.
- In case you are unable to contact them through the toll free number, you can contact your provincial Aadhar office regarding the same.
It a very easy process of getting a Duplicate Aadhar Card nowadays. However you are advised to keep it safe as Ids can be misused.