Aadhar Card Link with bank account now has one more benefit. Now Aadhar Card can help in opening a pension account under New Pension System (NPS). With the New Pension System, if you have a bank account in one of the 22 banks empanelled with National Securities Depository Ltd. (NSDL) you can very easily register online for pension account in not more than 30 minutes.
You can check the other benefits for Aadhar Card, here
Aadhar Card Link for Pension Account in (NPS):
In two ways you can register for the account in NPS. You can either register using your PAN card or your Aadhar Card. To register with Aadhar Card you should have Aadhar Card link with the bank account of one of the 22 enlisted banks and also registered mobile number linked with Aadhar Card. To open an NPS account you need to have:
- An active bank account
- Valid email ID
- Aadhar Card and an active mobile number registered with Aadhar Card
Steps for Hassle Free Registration with Aadhar Card Link:
To register for NPS account through Aadhar Card it is mandatory that you have your Aadhar Card linked to your bank account. Those who do not have their Aadhar Card linked to their bank account cannot apply online for NPS account.
To register for NPS account hassle free and within 30 minutes you follow the steps given below:
- Go to NPS official website, Click Here
- Click on “Registration”
- Click on “New Registration”
- Choose “Individual Subscriber” if you want to open a pension account as individual and Choose “Corporate Subscriber” if you want to open account as a corporate firm
- Under the Register With head choose “Aadhar”. Using Aadhar Card database NPS trust will extract your demographic and photograph (which you can change in online NPS form)
- Choose the appropriate option under the Account Type
- Enter Aadhar number/ UID number mentioned in your Aadhar Card and Click generate OPT
- Your KYC (Know Your Customer) for NPS will be done using your Aadhar Card Link through OTP (One Time Password) authentication
- The OTP will be sent to the mobile number registered with the Aahdar Card.
- Enter the OTP & Fill up the other required details online
- Upload your scanned signature (file size: 4kb-12kb) and submit your details
- You will then be routed to the payment gateway for making payment of minimum Rs 500/- in you NPS account.
- Take the printout of the form affix your photograph and sign in the block provided for signature .
- Within 90 days, send the form to the address mentioned below:
Central Recordkeeping Agency (eNPS),
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 1st Floor, Times Tower, Kamala Mills Compound, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai- 400013
Finally, you will successfully be registered for the NPS account within the minutes time. After successful online submission of the form and after making payments in your NPS account your PRAN (Permanent Retirement Account Number) will be allotted to you. The PRAN kit will be sent to your registered id within a few days time.
List of Banks Empanelled with NSDL:
Presently, there are total 22 banks that are enrolled with NSDL, and you can enroll online for NPS account if you have an account in either of these banks and your Aadhar Card is linked to that account.
|3||Bank of India|
|4||Bank of Maharashtra|
|7||IDBI Bank Limited|
|9||Oriental Bank of Commerce|
|10||State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur|
|11||State Bank of Hyderabad|
|12||State Bank of India|
|13||State Bank of Patiala|
|14||State Bank of Travancore|
|16||Tamilnadu Mercantile Bank Ltd|
|17||The Karur Vysya Bank|
|18||The Lakshmi Vilas Bank Limited|
|19||The South Indian Bank Limited|
|21||United Bank of India|
Hope this article was useful and was an easy guide to open NPS account. For further queries leave your comment in the comment section below.
For more information related to Aadhar Card and UIDAI, you can explore our website AadharCardKendra.