Aadhar Kiosk on the UIDAI’s offical website – is a one stop destination for all your Aadhar Card related queries and problems – Make a New Aadhar Application, Tracking Status, Downloading, Apply for a Duplicate and lots more. The Government’s official portal is all you need to access and clear all your doubts and queries.
We bring you this guide which allows to understand and use the Kiosk on UIDAI’s official site. This post will share with you the correct way and easy ways to get your problems solved quickly.
UIDAI’s Aadhar Kiosk, aims to get the job done for most of the ‘Aadhar related’ things – Online. Here is a guide on how to use the so called Aadhar Card Kiosk very easily to get all your Aadhar card related work done.
Below are the options available on the Aadhar Card Kiosk – Simply click them to know how to use them correctly (Very Important):
1. Locate Nearest Enrolment Centre
Click here to Locate Enrolment Centre
Once you click on that link to know your Aadhar card enrolment centre location you should see three options listed asking you to select your:
After selecting them all you need to do is hit that green search button. If there are any enrolment centres available in your location you will be given a list with address and contact details in it.
If ever you are stuck somewhere here’s a more intuitive guide on how to locate a Aadhar card enrolment centre in your vicinity, you can always Check here
2. Book an Appointment
As of this date, the Aadhar Online Appointments facility is withdrawn until further notice. The process mentioned below will not work.
Incase you are looking to get a new Aadhar, we suggest you visit the nearest enrolment center.
To find an enrolment centre nearest to you, please click here.
Get the easiest way to get Aadhar card online – Click Here
3. Check Aadhaar Status using the Aadhar Kiosk
Once you are done applying for Aadhar card you will have check Aadhar card status to keep track on it, so that you will receive it as early as possible.
Click on this link – Check Aadhaar Status to navigate Aadhar Card Status Enquiry page.
It is mandatory to have details regarding your:
- 14 digit enrolment number (as on acknowledgement slip) and
- The enrolment date and time.
Once you have these details fill them in the spaces provided then hit the green button that says “check status” and you will get a most recent update on your Aadhar card status.
Here are some of our other useful informational guides which help you with Aadhar Card Status Check:
4. Find Lost or Forgotten UID/EID using the Adhar Kiosk
It is very important to have these identification numbers (UID/EID) as they help you in aadhar card status check, getting a e-aadhar card, to check whether Aadhar card is linked to your Bank Account and etc.
- EID – Enrolment ID: This will be a unique 14- digit number to every individual which confirms successful Aadhar card enrolment.
- UID – Unique Identification Number: This is a 12-digit number and also known as Aadhar number.
Click here to find your UID/EID – On clicking the link you should see the following screen:
Having a mobile number registered is mandatory in order to find UID/EID.
Follow these steps:
- Select either UID or EID.
- Enter Full Name.
- Enter registered E-mail ID.
- Enter registered Mobile Number.
- On clicking “Get OTP” you will receive a sms with one time password on registered mobile.
- Enter it in Step:2 and click “verify OTP”.
- Upon successful verification you will receive the requested ID on your mobile number.
For more detailed information consider reading these article – How to Find UID by name
5. Check Aadhar Linking Status with Bank Account
If you have applied for linking your active bank account to your Aadhar card then this is the right place to perform a quick status check.
- On visiting the above link you will be asked to enter your 12- digit UID that is your Aadhar card number.
- Also enter the security code and click “verify”.
- If the security code you entered is correct and your Aadhar card number is valid you will get the status of linking along with the details of bank account it is linked with.
Read more: Link Aadhar to Bank account
6. Download E-Aadhar Card
E-Aadhar card is nothing but a digital copy of a pre-issued Aadhar card and is equally valid as the physical copy of the card received through post from UIDAI after enrollment.
For downloading Aadhar card online i.e., e- Aadhar you will need to have one of the two essential details either Aadhar number or Aadhar enrolment number.
Get E-Aadhar clicking here takes you to a webpage as shown below:
- Select the option: ‘I have’ – Aadhar number or enrolment number.
- Enter your full name, PIN code of your registered address and the mobile number.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Use the OTP to validate and download e- Aadhar card.
- The Aadhar card downloaded will be a PDF file . When you open the PDF, you will be asked for a password. And the password will be your area PIN code by default.
For more information read these articles:
7. How to use Get Aadhar button on Aadhar Kiosk?
This is just another link through which you can get your Aadhar directly on your registered mobile number.
Your registered mobile number is the same as the one you gave at the time of enrolment.
Click here to Get Aadhaar
This is how the form looks like when you visit above link:
All you need to do is just enter your Enrolment ID (can be seen on the Enrolment slip given to you at the time of enrolment) to receive your Aadhar on your registered mobile number.
For more information and step-by-step guide on How to get Aadhar – Get Aadhar online
8. Update Aadhar Data using Aadhar Card Kiosk
If ever you find out any incorrect details printed on your Aadhar or if you wish to change details associated to your UID, here’s a user friendly portal launched by UIDAI which allows you do so.
Update Aadhaar Data this link here takes you to Self Service Update Portal (see image below) . This portal makes things easier, faster and more convenient for the users. Now through this portal candidates can not only perform status check for updated Aadhar data but can also update details like their Name, Surname, D.O.B etc.
In the image below there are two links mainly for updating Aadhar data through online mode and offline mode.
The process involved in this mode relays entirely on internet. You will see 4 steps where you need to enter all the details asked for.
- Step1:- Enter your Aadhar number and verify your mobile number.
- Step2:- Select all the fields you wish to update.
- Step 3:- Based on the fields to be updated, the documents supporting the new details should be uploaded as scanned photo copies. To see the list of documents which are accepted please click here list of valid documents.
In this mode you will have fill a form by hand and submit it at any nearest Aadhar enrolment centre. Also attach scanned photo copies of the new supporting documents of the ones you are willing to update.
Click here to download the Aadhar update request form in PDF format.
Once you are done filling the form attach scanned photo copies of supporting documents and post them to any of the two below mentioned addresses. Label the envelope as “Aadhaar Update/Correction” on top and seal it properly.
Address for sending Update/Correction request by Post:
Residents may send across their update requests through post to one of the below mentioned addresses:
Address II: UIDAI, Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India.
Click on Update status button to the right and just enter your Aadhaar number and the URN
then click get status to see the exact position of your update request.
Here are some articles with in-depth information on SSUPortal:
9. Perform Aadhaar Verification
If ever you want to verify your Aadhar exists are not you can verify fom here.
Click here to go to Verify Aadhar option
Now just enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number or UID and fill in the security code and hit verify.
If your aadhar number matches with the one stored in the database you will get the details like your age, Gender and the state to which it belongs.
10. Verify Email/Mobile associated with Aadhar on Adhar Kiosk
If ever you want to verify your registered mobile number or email id, you can check it through this Aadhar Card Kiosk.
Click here to Verify Mobile or E-mail
After Now follow these steps
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number or UID.
- Enter your E- mail id or Mobile number depending on which one you want to verify either Mobile or E- mail but not both at a time.
- Once you click verify button the verification of your Email id or Mobile number associated to your Aadhar takes place instantly.
That was how you can use the Aadhar card Kiosk – Detailed Guide and What to do and what not to do. If you still need more information read this article UIDAI-Helpdesk
Aadhar Card Kiosk – What is Aadhar?
Aadhar card is free of cost and any Indian Citizen can apply for it – Yes, you don’t have to pay any Aadhar Card Fee for registration.
The 12-digit Aadhar Card is something every Indian citizen can apply for. It includes every one – infants and adults.
There is biometric information collected, such as fingerprints, photograph and even the iris pattern (retina scan) and is all stored in the database which can be cross checked by scanning the unique barcode found on every Aadhar Card.
This card serves for both Proof of Identity (POI) and Proof of Address (POA). Through Aadhar card one can route their LPG subsidy directly into their bank account. The RBI has also issued a directive through which it stated that Aadhar card can be used for Know Your Customer (KYC) formalities.
For more details on Why is Aadhar Card so Important – Click Here
How does this post on Aadhar Card Kiosk help you?
Aadhar Kiosk is a very user friendly portal which makes the process even easier for people. It is being maintained by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Searching for help at Aadhar Kiosk regarding Aadhar card Status, Application, Aadhar card download, and even Aadhar card update can be a very easy process if you go through the piece of information we have provided above.
This article takes you through the most basic and easiest possible steps so that you can get any and every information you want regarding Aadhar Card through the Aadhar Kiosk without any difficulty. It will in all process – right from Application to Aadhar card download to Aadhar card update and also in tracking your Aadhar card status. You can clarify any doubts and also solve any problems related to your Aadhar, here.
You will also find details regarding the steps to be followed while using many Aadhar services like linking active bank account to your Aadhar, downloading e- Aadhar, verifying your Aadhar, verifying both Mobile phone number and Email ID associated with your Aadhar card and more.
It will save you a lot of time, effort and is also an easiest way to get all the Aadhar functions and services to your fingertips. So follow the above guidelines carefully and make the maximum out of the Aadhar Kiosk.
Aadhar card is voluntary. “It is not mandatory for a citizen to obtain an Aadhar Card.” – Read the full story over here.
Hope this information is helpful and makes it easier for you in using the kiosk. Keep reading and feel free to post your query in the comment box below.
Thank you!!Have a great day!!!