The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test 2017 (NEET) conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) is scheduled on 7th May. Admissions through NEET-2017 scores for MBBS/BDS courses in India in Medical/Dental colleges, which are approved by Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry will conduct their own separate entrance tests. Recently, the CBSE has announced about Aadhar Card for NEET being a mandatory requirement for application. The final date for NEET applications this year was 1st March 2017. The following instructions were finalized for all applicants of NEET-2017.
Details about the Aadhar Card for NEET requirement for 2017
Here are the important requirements for NEET 2017:
- Aadhar card will now be mandatory for all candidates appearing for NEET 2017.
- Students belonging to J&K, Assam and Meghalaya would also require their passport number/ ration card number/ bank account number or any valid government identity number which would permit them to choose examination centres only in these states for NEET application.
- Students who are Non-Resident Indians, Overseas Citizens of India, Person of Indian Origin and Foreign Nationals are eligible to appear in NEET (UG) 2017 and will also be eligible for 15% All India Quota seats. To apply for NEET they require their passport number.
Understanding various Aadhar Card for NEET Application requirements
Section 57 of the Aadhar Act 2016, permits the use of Aadhar number for establishing the identity of an individual for any purpose pursuant to any law or any contract to this effect.
View Aadhar act in detail over here.
Aadhar is a complete identification document which negates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity.
NEET has identified 4 Categories of Applicants, and has made the following recommendations:
1. Candidates with Aadhar
Applicants in possession of Aadhar shall enter Aadhar number, name, date of birth & gender in online application.
Click here for the online application portal.
2. Candidates not registered for Aadhar
To supplement the applications without reference to Aadhar number, facilitation centres to enrol for Aadhar have been set by CBSE in cities where NEET exams shall take place. The Aadhar enrolment for the candidates is free of cost.
The list of facilitation centres can be found here.
For Aadhar enrolment centres other than the facilitation centre near you, click here.
Click here for guidelines to enroll for Aadhar.
3. Candidates Enrolled for Aadhar BUT Aadhar Number Not Received
These candidates can enter their 28-digit Aadhar enrollment number for NEET application, received as an acknowledgement at the enrollment centers.
4. Mismatched Information in Aadhar and School records
Students have to enter their Aadhar Card details such as Aadhar Number, Name, Gender & Date of Birth in the online application. If the given details do not match, students will not be able to fill the application form. This is done for identification and authentication.
The Aadhar Card details should match with their school records otherwise an immediate correction in Aadhar data or school records should be made.
5. No Enrollment Facility in Facilitation Center
In case Aadhar enrolment facility is not available at the facilitation centers, the applicants should submit a request for Aadhar enrolment.
The facilitation centre will issue a registration number to such applicants that should be entered by the applicants in the online application form for NEET-2017.
All applicants who do not possess an Aadhar must try their best to enroll for Aadhar in case he/she is entitled to obtain Aadhar as per section 3 of Aadhar Act, currently, it implies for all applicants who are residents of India (view Aadhar act here). To enroll for Aadhar please visit an Aadhar enrollment center or visit here for guidelines. The list of enrollment centres can be found here.
Important Changes to Note in NEET-2017 apart from Aadhar Card Mandatory Requirement:
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has notified changes in NEET 2017. The changes in NEET include:
- The maximum age for a candidate to be eligible for the NEET is 25 years on the date of examination. The reserved category candidates have a five year relaxation; the maximum age for eligibility is 30 years. The minimum age limit is 17 years for all applicants.
- All students who appear for the exam this year on have three attempts, irrespective of the category. Previous attempts in AIPMT will not be accounted for.
- Aadhar Number is required to fill up the online application of NEET 2017 for the candidates of all States except J&K, Assam and Meghalaya. Accordingly, CBSE has issued a public notice for awareness.
Prakash Javadekar (Human Resource Development Minister), had declared that for all national level exams the government of India is planning to apply the Aadhar Number for Identification. CBSE will hold NEET (UG) 2017 for the first time. NEET 2017 will be conducted in 80 cities and 1500 examination centers will be fixed across the country for more than 10 lakh candidates.
For more queries related to Aadhar card news, updates or to solve your queries regarding Aadhar card, feel free to explore the site and check out our detailed guides.