In a circular issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India, Government of India it clearly states and the further discusses the revisions that need to be put in place regarding Aadhar. One of the important changes mentioned in the circular is the change in the Aadhar Card Fees. The change is made at two levels, one at the level of the registrar and other at the level of the service provider.
Here’s all you need to know about the changes to the Aadhar Card Charges.
Questions about Change in Aadhar Card Fees and other Aadhar Card Charges – ANSWERED!
Here we are with all the answers to your questions regarding the Change in Aadhar Card Fees and other important Aadhar Card Charges.
Do Note: Aadhar application / enrolment still remains FREE of cost. These are the other related charges. So always remember that Aadhar card application/enrolment is still FREE.
Aadhar Card Fees – Assistance paid to registrars
The maximum Aadhar Card Fees that are to be paid to the registrars for the assistance provided by them has been revised.
- The maximum Aadhar Card Fees that is to be paid to the registrar for Aadhar generation has been increased to INR 50
- The Aadhar Card Charges for the mandatory biometric update has been hiked to INR 25
- The total amount revised with regard to assistance paid to registrars is INR 75
Aadhar Card Fees – Fees collected from the residents by service provider for Updation and Verification
The Aadhar Card Fees that are to be given to the service providers for their services have seen a considerable hike following the revised circular.
- The fees for other Aadhar biometric updates and demographic update of any type and any channel has been increased to INR 25
- Status query remains absolutely free
- Aadhar Card Charges for Aadhar Search using eKYC, any other tool and A4 colour printout has been changed to INR 20
- Aadhar Search using eKYC, find Aadhar and any other tool just a minor difference of B/W printout on the A4 sheet has been made INR 10
- The total amount thus payable by the residents to the service providers will be INR 80
What initiated this Revised Circular?
A meeting of the Unique Identification Authority of India was held on 10th December 2016 wherein the structure for assistance to registrar and maximum Aadhar Card Fees to be collected from a resident for Aadhar enrollment, Aadhar update and other services that are provided under the domain of Aadhar stood revised and applicable from the 1st of January of 2017 and hence, the revised circular was in the pursuance of this decision.
What are all the other things that are revised in the Circular?
- Revised assistance to registrars for Aadhar generation.
- Mandatory Biometric update which is to be conducted every 5 and a half year
- The revision circular has led to the modification of Policy on Permanent Enrollment Centre, Aadhar Kendra Policy and other guidelines regarding pricing.
- Aadhar Enrolment still remains FREE of Cost
We hope you found this article helpful, for more such informative articles and news on Aadhar, feel free to explore the site.