Aadhar Card details must be up-to-date and free of errors for all the ID holders. There are a few of these details which you can correct Online on the UIDAI’s SSUP (Self Service Update Portal). Here is an informative visual guide that enlightens you about the step by step process for Aadhar card details update online. Please note that the steps shown in the following graphic must be completed on the following link on SSUP: https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
Easy Steps for Aadhar Card Detail Update Online
As you can see, the steps for Aadhar Card Details update have been carefully crafted by easy to comprehend visuals in the above infographic. Still, we don’t want to leave any stone unturned to clear the Aadhar holders’ doubts with regard to Aadhar card details update is concerned. Therefore, here is the textual adaptation of the Aadhar card online update process shown in our Editorial Board’s Infographic:
- In order to update your Aadhar card details, you need to visit UIDAI’s Online Self Service Update Portal i.e. https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- In order to go ahead with Aadhar card details update on SSUP, you need to have a mobile number linked to your Aadhar card.
- If you give this a thumbs up, the following link would take you to a page where you would have to type in your Aadhar Card No. and the Security Captcha code. After filling in these two fields, make sure that you click ‘Send OTP’ on the same page.
- You would then receive a numeric OTP on your registered Mobile No.
- This OTP is your key to complete Aadhar Card details update online, enter it when asked.
- Once you enter the correct Aadhar OTP (One time pin) received on your mobile number, you would be given a choice to select the field(s) which you want to select for Aadhar card details update.
- You can update the following Aadhar details online:
- Name (for Aadhar card name update)
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- You can select One or more fields to update your details on Aadhar Card.
- After selecting the fields, you need to enter the corrected Aadhar Card details as you want them to appear on your updated ID.
- These details are to be entered in both English as well as in your local language. If you have a trouble translating details into your local language then you can go for Aadhar Card details update via post (offline method) instead. For this, you can visit the nearest Aadhar Card update/enrolment centre.
- If you entered the corrected Aadhar details, in both English and Local Language, you can move to the next step under which, you have to upload the scanned copies of the supporting documents for Aadhar Card details update.
- The list of documents accepted for this updation are given at the end of the following form:
Aadhar Card Details Update PDF Form Download (English) This is also the form which you can use if you wish to apply for Aadhar card details update offline.
- Once you have uploaded the supporting documents, you have to select your BPO service provider.
- After completing all the above steps, you can click ‘Submit’.
- Your Aadhar URN (update request number) would be generated and you must note it down for future reference.
Please note that the Aadhar card details update would not immediately reflect on your E-Aadhar card or in the online UIDAI database. Instead, the details would be updated only once the Aadhar registration officials verify and review your Aadhar card details update application. In the mean time, you can keep a check on Aadhar card update status on the UIDAI’s resident portal (you would need the above-mentioned URN for that purpose.