There are many circumstances in which there may arise a need to change your name or any other information that appears on the Aadhar Card. This calls for Aadhar Card Correction. It can be associated with the applicant getting married or any wrong information entered in the Aadhar Card application by mistake.
Aadhar Card Correction – Get Aadhar Card Update and Make Changes to Aadhar Card in 2 Easy Options:
There are two methods of getting corrections done in the Aadhar card:
- Offline – First method is done by post or visiting the nearest Aadhar center.
- Online – Wherein all you need is to have a registered mobile number and you can do the updates in no time.
Do Note: Aadhar Card Correction, Aadhar Update, Aadhar Correction or UID Update or even UID Card Correction and Changes to Aadhar Card – All are the same thing and have the same procedure are mentioned below.
How to Correct Aadhar Card or Carry out Aadhar Card Update – Online Option:
Here is how to start. The 1st option is very easy for Aadhar Card correction done online. Here is a simple step by step procedure:
Step 1: You will need a Verified and Registered Mobile Number
In order to request changes in existing Aadhar Card one needs to have his/her Aadhar number ready and also have the existing registered Mobile phone number ready for OTP verification. If you do not have your phone number then you have to update your Aadhar card by post only.
Step 2: Visit the official Resident UIDAI Portal using the link given below:
Visit the following link https://resident.uidai.net.in/update-data and click “Update Aadhaar Data” button. The button will look like something attached below:
After that, you will see the page from the Self Service Update Portal or the SSUP. Click the “To Submit your Update / Correction Request Online – Click Here” Options – as seen below:
Step 3: After you click the “Update Online” option , the below given page will open:
Step 4: Enter the Details are mentioned here and Generate OTP:
On the website, enter your 12 digit AADHAR card number and the text/digit verification.
Click on send OTP. You will now receive a one time password (OTP) as an SMS in your registered mobile number. You can proceed to changing your fields once you enter the correct OTP.
On the Data Update Request page you need to select the changes you wish to make by marking / checking the small boxes next to each field – Refer image below:
After making the desired selection (more than one change can be requested at a time), you can proceed to next step by clicking on the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page.
Step 5: Now Enter the Aadhar Card Update Details in the relevant fields given – Click “MODIFY”:
A new page will now ask the applicant details about the changes desired for example:
- Name spelling
- Mobile number
Correctly entering the details you can proceed to next step by clicking on ‘Submit Update Request’ button. You can select your language as well.
Next, you will be taken to the confirmation page – where all the modifications will be displayed to you. Once you go through all the fields, you can click on the ‘MODIFY’ button. Once you are done again Submit and proceed to the next step.
Step 6: Attach / Upload the Documents to Support your Aadhar Card Correction and Update Request:
Once you are done with the filling up of the details and submitting them, you will be redirected to the page where you must attach the attested soft copy of your proof documents.
Click Here to know the list of valid documents.
- These documents should accurately support the changes you are want to have on your Aadhar card and also that they should be self-signed (attested).
- They can be in PDF, MICROSOFT WORD or IMAGE (png, jpg, bmp, gif, etc.) format.
- One of the easiest way to do this is get the photocopies of the documents of proof and self-sign it. Download CamScanner app (you can search about it on Google) and it will help you generate scanner-like images of the above mentioned documents of proofs.
Important Things to Note during the Aadhar Card Update and Correction Process:
- In the last step, you need to make selection from a list of data processing agencies (BPO’s) designated by UIDAI for the purpose of processing of data. You have the liberty to select the agency with best track record indicated next to their name with a performance chart for early update and response on the modification request.
- On successfully submitting the request a Uniform Request Number (URN) shall be generated on screen and also intimated to the Aadhar Card holder through SMS. You can use this URN along with 12 digit Aadhar Number to check the status of the request for changes in Aadhar Card by opening the following link – https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/check-status
Read: Fastest way to get Aadhar Card Correction Online – Click Here
Make Correction in Aadhar Card – Offline Aadhar Card Correction / Aadhar Card Update Process:
You can visit the nearest enrolment centre (click to know the nearest enrolment centre) and submit the form by physically filling the downloaded form (see the link below.)
Do note that you can change / update the following data in your Aadhar card, by sending the change request application through post:
- Mobile Phone Number
- Date Of Birth
You will also be required to fill up a form and send it with the accurate document proofs (attested). The form can be obtained here – Download Aadhar Card Data Update or Correction form for Request through POST.
Read: A Quick Guide to get Aadhar Card Correction done Offline – Click Here
For any other Aadhar Card correction, you need to visit the nearest Aadhar Card Kendra / Enrollment centre.
You can locate your nearest Aadhar Card Enrollment centre by visiting the following link here.
Please note that to update changes in your NAME/DATE OF BIRTH/ADDRESS in your Aadhar Card, you need to attest required documents as proof in your post itself.
To view the complete list of accepted proof documents, please refer our detailed article over here.
Do let us know in the comments below if you have any further queries. Please don’t forget to share this guide to help others too.